LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

2010 Divisional Odds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2010 Divisional Odds

Below are the first odds I've seen for winning the division in 2010. We're the favorites at -125 (4:5), while the Cards are +250 (5:2).

What that means is that the bookies think we're a little over 3 times as likely to win the division as the Cards, and 3.75 times mroe likely than the Hawks (3:1).

For the NFC West as a whole, we're projected to be the 5th most-contested division (amongst all 4 teams), with the AFC West as the most contested, NFC East 2nd, and AFC South 3rd.

If we narrowed down the odds comparisons only to the top two teams in each division, we're right in the middle of the pack, and the AFC West has the biggest gap (San Diego vs. 3 6-8 win teams).

Bottom Line: The 'market' sees us as good favorites to win the NFC West; the market also thinks that Seattle is nearly as likely to finish in 2nd place as Arizona.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2010-NFL-Divisional-odds.html

AFC East

Buffalo: +2000
Miami: +300
New England: +125
NY Jets: +140

Cinco de mayo pick: Miami

AFC North

Baltimore: -110
Cincinnati: +350
Cleveland: +1200
Pittsburgh: +200

Cinco de mayo pick: Baltimore

AFC South

Houston: +350
Indianapolis: -150
Jacksonville: +800
Tennessee: +350

Cinco de mayo pick: Houston

AFC West

Denver: +500
Kansas City: +600
Oakland: +650
San Diego: -250

Cinco de mayo pick: San Diego

NFC East

Dallas: +120
NY Giants: +250
Philadelphia: +250
Washington: +700

Cinco de mayo pick: Philadelphia

NFC North

Chicago: +300
Detroit: +2000
Green Bay: +125
Minnesota: +140

Cinco de mayo pick: Green Bay

NFC South

Atlanta: +160
Carolina: +900
New Orleans: -175
Tampa Bay: +2500

Cinco de mayo pick: Tampa Bay

NFC West

Arizona: +250
San Francisco: -125
Seattle: +300
St. Louis: +1500

Cinco de mayo pick: Seattle
Cool.

I hope we have enough offense this year.

[ Edited by Leathaface on May 5, 2010 at 12:49:17 ]
Thanks for the overview. Niners are setting good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Cool.

Cool.

I have a gut feeling that in 2010, Seattle > Arizona. Here are my div record finishes for the west:

SF - 10-6
SEA - 8-8
ARI - 7-9
STL - 4-12
I dont care what the odds are, We will win the west!

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Thanks for the overview. Niners are setting good.

Lets hope they can SPIKE a few victories
AFC West with the most contention, really?

Can't see the Raiders being any better.
I thought the Broncos got worse.
I can't see Kansas City turning it around.
San Diego wins the division.

-9fA
I concur.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
AFC West with the most contention, really?

Can't see the Raiders being any better.
I thought the Broncos got worse.
I can't see Kansas City turning it around.
San Diego wins the division.

-9fA

Raiders got a little better, and with a real qb they might beat someone this year.
Broncos have gutted themselves of all of their talent, and dropped Mike nolan who coached up those overachievers to a good first half defense last year.
Kansas city has a lot of young talent on D, they need another season before I think they will figure it out.

San diego wins by default, but they will choke as long as norv is still there.

I think we have better odds than that. The NFL tries to perpetuate the belief that teams have a chance to win regardless of all things considered. Look at the NFLs home page for a perfect example. There flaunting the raiders as if they have a shot. theres like 5 articles written about the raiders in the last couple of days. Its bad business if teams stay crappy for to long. Because the NFL does this there is a domino effect that even touches the odd makers. How do you think they get there info?? We will dominate for sure! We should have won the division last year, since then the team that did got worst while weve goten signifigantly better
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Cool.

I have a gut feeling that in 2010, Seattle > Arizona. Here are my div record finishes for the west:

SF - 10-6
SEA - 8-8
ARI - 7-9
STL - 4-12

Sf:12-4
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I still wouldnt bet on us. Even if i do like our chances, yeah that doesnt make sense but still
Cool.

SF - 10-6
SEA - 8-8
ARI - 7-9
STL - 4-12

i see

SF 11-5
SEA 8-8
ARIZ 7-9
STL 3-13

put your money on niners this yr and i think the NE will win the division even though everybody loves the Jets....i guess people seem to think Sanchez and his 5 int's per game was just a rookie thing and not a bad decision thing.

Bottom Line: The 'market' sees us as good favorites to win the NFC West; the market also thinks that Seattle is nearly as likely to finish in 2nd place as Arizona.

The 'market' will determine how these odds change not how a particular company opens up their odds.
Share 49ersWebzone