There are 188 users in the forums

Manny Lawson skips OTAs in hopes of more money

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow. I understand that Manny doesn't really deserve to get a huge raise or even demand a new contract, but to bash a very SOLID Niner player like that is just sad.

f**k Manny Lawson

The biggest s**t talker in Niner Talk. I wouldn't expect anything less from you
Has Manny ever reached double digit sacks in his career yet?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Wow. I understand that Manny doesn't really deserve to get a huge raise or even demand a new contract, but to bash a very SOLID Niner player like that is just sad.

I just can't stand when players act like baby's and skip OTA's or whatever just because they want more money.

How about perform well and you'll get your money?

Players skip OTAs all the time. And what people don't understand is that it's still a business. What if he gets injured during OTAs? Then he'll probably get released or won't get resigned and lose out on money. It's just the nature of the sport unfortunately, but as fans, we shouldn't be treating our own like that. Manny has always been a class act and nowhere in those articles did it say that Manny was demanding anything and acting like a baby about it. There are some kickers that make more money than his base salary right now.

Man stop acting like he's your brother. Manny dont give a f**k about you.

I just can't stand when players act like baby's and skip OTA's or whatever just because they want more money.

Players skip OTAs all the time. And what people don't understand is that it's still a business. What if he gets injured during OTAs? Then he'll probably get released or won't get resigned and lose out on money. It's just the nature of the sport unfortunately, but as fans, we shouldn't be treating our own like that. Manny has always been a class act and nowhere in those articles did it say that Manny was demanding anything and acting like a baby about it. There are some kickers that make more money than his base salary right now.

Voice of reason here, thanks. Manny IS a class act, and will show up as enthusiastic as ever to play for his Niners. Sure, he wants more money and job security, but he's not making a huge stink about it or being a D-bag. He'll come in, work hard, have a solid season and sign for less just to remain a Niner.

... then you will all feel like bags yourself for acting so outraged over nothing...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

f**k Manny Lawson

The biggest s**t talker in Niner Talk. I wouldn't expect anything less from you

Man Im the mutha f**king gangsta of Niner Talk.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:
Originally posted by Hopper:
He had a better season than Haralson and he's getting paid way less. Most likely that's what he's mad about.

oh well... put ahmad brooks in his spot!

You do know that Brooks is better on the Right than the Left?

Maybe LaBoy but not Brooks.

In any case, people are talkin out their butts about Manny. If he misses camp then fine we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. But It's F'n OTA's. The level of the Zoners "sky is falling" mentality is getting lower and lower every year I believe. Don't turn such a minor thing into such outrageous crap.

I mean DAMN! Manny has done MORE for this team than Tree did and all you don't give a crap about how long Tree held out anymore. Now do you? STFU about such trivial nonsense.

The team is on the verge of greatness. If Manny knows what's good for him and the team then he will be on board. If not then we'll just move on w/o him IF that's where it's going.

~Ceadder

i like manny actually! i think he's done well for us especially with adversity of injurys. but from a production standpoint he's done a good job, not a great job and him holding out for more money is kinda bogus! i think when it comes to chasing the qb i don't really think pass rushers care which side they're coming from!

This is the kind of crap that gets on my nerves. He signed the contract, didn't he? He knew it was front loaded and lighter on the backend. He wanted the money now (then), and now he doesn't like it. The NFL really needs to fix this crap on both sides (player/team). You sign the contract, you honor it.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

This is the kind of crap that gets on my nerves. He signed the contract, didn't he? He knew it was front loaded and lighter on the backend. He wanted the money now (then), and now he doesn't like it. The NFL really needs to fix this crap on both sides (player/team). You sign the contract, you honor it.

I'm not acting like his brother. I'm acting like a fan that appreciates his solid play. I'm not like you or other Philly fans that boo their own players. The only time I did that was when Kwame Harris was on this team.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I'm not acting like his brother. I'm acting like a fan that appreciates his solid play. I'm not like you or other Philly fans that boo their own players. The only time I did that was when Kwame Harris was on this team.

Then what makes you any different from me or Philly fans. You just made yourself into sounding like a hypocrite.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

What kind of response is this?
Originally posted by BenQ:
so much promise

All "promise" means is you haven't done it yet.

If the 49ers can survive losing Chike Okefor, Julian Peterson and Andre Carter---ALL of whom were better players than Manny Lawson, they can survive losing him. 12 sacks in four seasons? For a starting linebacker in a 3-4 defense?

Are you freaking kidding me? Is this guy on dope or dog food?

At $600,000 the dude is already stealing money. Don't back up the Brink's truck for a guy who hasn't proven jack.

Then what makes you any different from me or Philly fans. You just made yourself into sounding like a hypocrite.

I defended Kwame but it was absolutely evident that he shouldn't be on the field, especially his last year with us. The thing about you and Philly fans, are that you boo solid players. Players that perform well on the field.
give him the extension already, i really like lawson hopefully we can get something done.
Share 49ersWebzone