LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Manny Lawson skips OTAs in hopes of more money

Shop Find 49ers gear online
who does he think he is? PATRICK WILLIS? HAHAHAHA
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He had a better season than Haralson and he's getting paid way less. Most likely that's what he's mad about.

[ Edited by Hopper on May 5, 2010 at 11:47:03 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
He had a better season than Haralson and he's getting paid way less. Most likely that's what he's mad about.

oh well... put ahmad brooks in his spot!
This motherf**ker can't be serious?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Quote:
That sound you hear in the distance: 49ers fans yelling, "Really, Manny Lawson?"

How much does he expect for a 1st and 2nd down only SAM LB who's replaced by Brooks for a pass rush...the very reason why we drafted him and CRITICAL in the design of a 3-4 defense? This should get interesting. BTW: this thread should probably be combined with THIS THREAD
“I think the most important message that management sent is for those guys that go out there and perform, we’re going to take care of your guys,” Singletary said after Willis’ signing. “Pat is a tremendous example of that.”

manny read bold please
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k Manny Lawson

Manny received more guaranteed money up front when he was drafted. Parys was picked in what? The 3rd or 4th round?

Evens out because both of them are underachievers IMO.
Wow. I understand that Manny doesn't really deserve to get a huge raise or even demand a new contract, but to bash a very SOLID Niner player like that is just sad.

Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:

oh well... put ahmad brooks in his spot!

You do know that Brooks is better on the Right than the Left?

Maybe LaBoy but not Brooks.

In any case, people are talkin out their butts about Manny. If he misses camp then fine we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. But It's F'n OTA's. The level of the Zoners "sky is falling" mentality is getting lower and lower every year I believe. Don't turn such a minor thing into such outrageous crap.

I mean DAMN! Manny has done MORE for this team than Tree did and all you don't give a crap about how long Tree held out anymore. Now do you? STFU about such trivial nonsense.

The team is on the verge of greatness. If Manny knows what's good for him and the team then he will be on board. If not then we'll just move on w/o him IF that's where it's going.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow. I understand that Manny doesn't really deserve to get a huge raise or even demand a new contract, but to bash a very SOLID Niner player like that is just sad.

I just can't stand when players act like baby's and skip OTA's or whatever just because they want more money.

How about perform well and you'll get your money?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

f**k Manny Lawson
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

I just can't stand when players act like baby's and skip OTA's or whatever just because they want more money.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Players skip OTAs all the time. And what people don't understand is that it's still a business. What if he gets injured during OTAs? Then he'll probably get released or won't get resigned and lose out on money. It's just the nature of the sport unfortunately, but as fans, we shouldn't be treating our own like that. Manny has always been a class act and nowhere in those articles did it say that Manny was demanding anything and acting like a baby about it. There are some kickers that make more money than his base salary right now.
Share 49ersWebzone