LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Baas getting some work at Right Guard and Center?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=25981
Always liked Baas as a center, going back to his Michigan days and he could be a solid backup at center and both guard spots while also keeping the heat on Rachal.
a lot of folks wanted to see him get some time at center. But what does that mean for Wallace? he should be commanding(with his play) all the 2nd team snaps of pushing Heitmann. so what is he doign out there?
Originally posted by lamontb:
a lot of folks wanted to see him get some time at center. But what does that mean for Wallace? he should be commanding(with his play) all the 2nd team snaps of pushing Heitmann. so what is he doign out there?

Cody Wallace is pretty much done with this team so it makes sense to give Baas some reps at center in OTA's, Mini Camp and TC.
From above link:

But if Baas is dislodged, it might put pressure on two other positions. (This is what Jimmy Raye was anticipating when he said that intra-squad competition breeds success).

I like it. We gotta bring out the A game in each OL to get to the next level!!

Chilo and Heitmann can use the heat. And, yeah, Wallace might have another PS year, at best.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Cody Wallace is pretty much done with this team so it makes sense to give Baas some reps at center in OTA's, Mini Camp and TC.

Agree. Poor Cody is going to have a pretty hard time making the team this year. Baas has a good shot at being starting RG. Rachal's spot isn't guaranteed. We have four guards - Iupati, Baas, Rachal, and Snyder - and only two starting spots. It's going to be a dog-fight in camp this summer.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Agree. Poor Cody is going to have a pretty hard time making the team this year. Baas has a good shot at being starting RG. Rachal's spot isn't guaranteed. We have four guards - Iupati, Baas, Rachal, and Snyder - and only two starting spots. It's going to be a dog-fight in camp this summer.

Poor Cody? McCloughan wasted a 4th rd pick on him
Bye Wallace
We got him in 07 right? What the hell has this guy been doing!?! He's had 2 years to get bigger and stronger and still hasn't s**t! What a waste of a 4th round pick!
Dare I say it?

No?

Okay then I'll be as vague about it as I can be.

Sounds like holes have been identified in the film room and Super Somebody didn't look so super.

Oh and if a guy needs help on his right side but not his Left then WTF!!! was he on the Left side to begin with.

Epic Fail on the previous OL Coaches, Warhop and Foerster. Freakin Tools are smarter than those guys.

And Wallace is still serviceable to this team for STs' play. Can NEVER have too many Linemen. Especially when you have a PROVEN Coach to lead them.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 4, 2010 at 16:00:50 ]

• dj43
This will be Baas' camp to try to stay on this team. Choosing Iupati only affirmed what many here have said; Baas does not have the tools to be any more than a journeyman guard in this league.

Now his best shot to stay on the roster will be to beat out Wallage and/or Wragge at the best center/guard backup.

Forget Baas beating out Rachal. Chilo played very well in the final 4-5 games last year. He was young, with a lot of family issues on his mind when he was drafted. Now things are more settled and he began to show why he was drafted where he was.

I would hate to see the team give up on such a high pick but Baas just isn't a very good player.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Dare I say it?

No?

Okay then I'll be as vague about it as I can be.

Sounds like holes have been identified in the film room and Super Somebody didn't look so super.

Oh and if a guy needs help on his right side but not his Left then WTF!!! was he on the Left side to begin with.

Epic Fail on the previous OL Coaches, Warhop and Foerster. Freakin Tools are smarter than those guys.

And Wallace is still serviceable to this team for STs' play. Can NEVER have too many Linemen. Especially when you have a PROVEN Coach to lead them.

~Ceadder

Nobody keeps OL for SP's play unless he's a long snapper. 300lbs lineman don't make the best down field tackler's
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
9 OL on the roster is realistic
Originally posted by jreff22:
Bye Wallace
Cue Club Mensa with the "Heitmann Sucks" references. I smell them coming.
Share 49ersWebzone