LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

We have arguably the BEST in the NFL at these positions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

What other Niners have a chance to be the BEST at their respective positions this upcoming year?

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Come on now Willis is the best at that's about it. Franklin and VD having one good season doesn't put them at the top of the mountain. At least give me 2 years.

This. I lke VD, but let's ee him have 3 in a row like last year before you put him with the top guys.
Unfortunately the best punter in the game is Mike Scifres. He's just insane
Originally posted by pelos21:
Franklin is a great NT but I'm not sure if he's the best at his position.

This
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Best backup QB in the league---- David Carr

HELLLZZ YEAAAA
Originally posted by saniner:

shane lechler and andy lee might disagree
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Come on now Willis is the best at that's about it. Franklin and VD having one good season doesn't put them at the top of the mountain. At least give me 2 years.

This. I lke VD, but let's ee him have 3 in a row like last year before you put him with the top guys.

Agreed. The best TE in the league doesn't drop an open, surefire TD pass against Seattle to keep us in playoff contention. He has to work on his drops.

No he's not
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:

shane lechler and andy lee might disagree

Yeah, I hate to say it, but Shane Lechler of the Raiders might be the best punter ever. On the other hand, Andy Lee is younger and still has much upside.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

No he's not

Josh Morgan could catch one of his punts. He kicks perfect spirals that drop and bounce straight up. One of my best friends is a Chargers fan so I've had that argument many times. After seeing Scifres a few times it's hard to argue. Of course Lechler is up there, and an argument can be made for either

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

No he's not

Josh Morgan could catch one of his punts. He kicks perfect spirals that drop and bounce straight up. One of my best friends is a Chargers fan so I've had that argument many times. After seeing Scifres a few times it's hard to argue. Of course Lechler is up there, and an argument can be made for either

He is not even in the argument

Lechler is the best punter in the league and possibly in the history of the NFL and Lee is the 2nd best going today
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Lee, Willis, Gore and Davis are all top 5 if not the best at their positions.

Everyone else has a lot more to prove.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Franklin is a great NT but I'm not sure if he's the best at his position.

YOu know i was gonna say the same thing. I only noticed him this year. Let me see him next year, then maybe we can talk about him being the best.

I remember we have a few LB's witout sayin names who shined one year, some hopped on, then the player and the ship both drowned, lol. Maybe not drowned, but many wondered what the hell happened to the player who was supposed to maybe get 10 sacks plus.
Where do you guys get your Kool-aid. The only ONE that approaches being the best is Willis.

Get real.
don't forget about mark roman
Share 49ersWebzone