There are 209 users in the forums

We have arguably the BEST in the NFL at these positions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Andy Lee P
Brian Jennings LS
Aubrayo Franklin NT
Patrick Willis MLB
Vernon Davis TE

Of course the above are all up for debate especially the ST'ers. But it's very hard to argue against VD and Pwilly. VD is a triple threat---run block, pass block, and receive--defenses have no frikkin idea what he's going to do and that's to our advantage. Pwilly---no explanation needed.

What other Niners have a chance to be the BEST at their respective positions this upcoming year?

I would have to say just Crabs at WR and maybe Ginn as the best PR/KR. And a slight chance of Ahmad Brooks as the best pass rushing OLB.
Franklin is a great NT but I'm not sure if he's the best at his position.
ILB: Patrick Willis - Willis is clearly the best in the league, and has been since his rookie year in 07.

TE: Vernon Davis - Davis had his "Breakout" year last season, nearly 1000yds over 70receptions and 13 TD which ties the NFL TE record, Vernon is the most gifted at the position and is arguably the best TE with names like Gates, Gonzalez, Clark.

HB: Gore - Gore was arguably the best HB in the NFC in 06 when he had his breakout campaigne. Since then hes missed a few games, been beat up behind a below average offensive line, think he doesnt miss Larry Allen and Jonas Jennings? They bring in Iupati and Anthony Davis, big bodies that can move the pile day 1. Gore should be back in the top 5 of the league, not that hes not, but numbers wise..

P: Andy Lee - Lee has been a MVP punter since 06. He along with Lechler are the best in the game.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

KR/PR: Ginn & Vann - We have a LEGITIMATE return game immediately with the two. Ginn proved to be a top KR last year, and potential alone for Vann is SKY HIGH. Reminds me of a Hester type, the vision and acceleration returning kicks..

WR : Crabtree - Michael Crabtree is going to be our #1 for the next 10years. I know T.O was a beast, but Crabs will be our franchise WR, the best since dare I say.. The Great Jerry Rice! This year I think he can be a top 5 NFC Receiver, and a for sure top 10, making his way to be arguably the best WR in the near future.

S: Golson - quietly had one of the BEST seasons for a safety last year. If Goldson can get BETTER this season, maybe a little more wrap up tackles, and less shoulder hit. Goldson can make some noise! Mays can be thrown in the mix off athleticism and upside alone, but lets see how he does this season..

G: Iupati - Mike can be the "BEST" guard in the league sooner than later, IF he lives up to the hype surrounding him..

NT: Franklin- He had a hell of a season, though I wouldnt consider him a BEST at position player.. All we need Franklin to be is consistent, clog up the middle, hes already a top 10 for a NT

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on May 4, 2010 at 10:52:36 ]
Frank gore is in the discussion especially with an improved line. I have friends who are not niner fans who think he is the best rb in the league.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Franklin is a great NT but I'm not sure if he's the best at his position.

This, except I would say Franklin is good vs. great.

Also, I would agree Willis is the best MLB, but I can make arguements either way about the other three.
Franklin is a good NT but not the best in the game.

As for Davis, he had a great year last year and was the best TE in football last year. Would like to see him do it again this year to consider him the best TE in the game.
Best backup QB in the league---- David Carr
F ya

1 good year and he is arguably the best

GO VD
Come on now Willis is the best at that's about it. Franklin and VD having one good season doesn't put them at the top of the mountain. At least give me 2 years.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Andy Lee P
Brian Jennings LS
Aubrayo Franklin NT
Patrick Willis MLB
Vernon Davis TE

Of course the above are all up for debate especially the ST'ers. But it's very hard to argue against VD and Pwilly. VD is a triple threat---run block, pass block, and receive--defenses have no frikkin idea what he's going to do and that's to our advantage. Pwilly---no explanation needed.

What other Niners have a chance to be the BEST at their respective positions this upcoming year?

I would have to say just Crabs at WR and maybe Ginn as the best PR/KR. And a slight chance of Ahmad Brooks as the best pass rushing OLB.

You're reaching with Jennings and Franklin. Willis is about the only one on the list that's could be mentioned King of LBs.

Oh, I get it, you're just trying to stir up s**t.

[ Edited by NattoNiner on May 4, 2010 at 11:17:30 ]
Only two imo:

Andy "THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOTHAf**kA" LEE

and

Patrick "50 MILLION REASONS WHY I'M THE MOTHERf**kING BEST ALIVE" WILLIS
Nate Davis best 3 string QB.

also i might add we got the best Trio of Davis' in the league too...
Alex Smith at QB baby!!!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Andy Lee P
Brian Jennings LS
Aubrayo Franklin NT
Patrick Willis MLB
Vernon Davis TE

I agree with all, with an asterisk next to Vernon Davis. I like the guy and am proud of what he accomplished last year, but he needs to repeat at least once to be considered "the BEST".
Share 49ersWebzone