LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

Boone vs Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Boone vs Snyder

Who do you think will win the (likely)final backup OL spot?
I personally think it will be Boone, but that might just be me hoping for the guy with the bigger upside to pull through. On the other hand, Snyder offers versatility that Boone doesn't in that he can also play guard.
hopefully neither
Boone is younger, way more upside, and.... doesn't suck!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Boone is younger, way more upside, and.... doesn't suck!

this
  • soao
  • Veteran
Snyder has versatility in every position on the line except center. The problem is that he's equally terrible in every position.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
hopefully neither
who would we put on our OL to have a full 9 man line without either of these guys?
Originally posted by soao:
Snyder has versatility in every position on the line except center. The problem is that he's equally terrible in every position.

A little better at guard.
I've heard nothing but good things about Alex Boone so far this off-season.

Boone Embodies Offseason Work Ethic
Originally posted by PTulini:

you've heard nothing but good things cus they havent put on pads yet

LOL so true.

This pleases me.

Same here.

IF, for some reason, Davis can't solidify his position as the RT, at least initially, I'd expect Boone to be the guy. Snyder has already proven that he CAN'T effectively play the RT position.
i think both will. i think wragge will get cut. the reason being this- boone has way more potential at Tackle and his showing progression. Synder is a solid backup at both Tackle AND Gaurd, but hes at his ceiling. Boone is only a Tackle, but has more physical ability. **The thing here is, Baas will be gone next year. We already have his replacement in Iupati. We need a backup. Synder will be needed next season unless we think we'll draft another Gaurd.

So, in my opinion, I think it's really between Synder and Wragge. And Synder will edge him out due to versatility. I just think it will be hard to let Boone go. I'm sure if he goes to PS, someone else will sign him. And then you have to consider next year- Will Barry Simms still be here? Doubt it. So, it would be nice if Boone was ready to be a direct backup. So, to me, Synder and Boone are both too valuable given that next year Baas will be gone and Simms may be gone. And yes, Baas will be gone. He will get a huge contract with another team. And we won't match it- He just hasn't been that good. Or healthy.
Hopefully it's Boone because I got his autograph last year and I don't want it to be a waste.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i think both will. i think wragge will get cut. the reason being this- boone has way more potential at Tackle and his showing progression. Synder is a solid backup at both Tackle AND Gaurd, but hes at his ceiling. Boone is only a Tackle, but has more physical ability. **The thing here is, Baas will be gone next year. We already have his replacement in Iupati. We need a backup. Synder will be needed next season unless we think we'll draft another Gaurd.

So, in my opinion, I think it's really between Synder and Wragge. And Synder will edge him out due to versatility. I just think it will be hard to let Boone go. I'm sure if he goes to PS, someone else will sign him. And then you have to consider next year- Will Barry Simms still be here? Doubt it. So, it would be nice if Boone was ready to be a direct backup. So, to me, Synder and Boone are both too valuable given that next year Baas will be gone and Simms may be gone. And yes, Baas will be gone. He will get a huge contract with another team. And we won't match it- He just hasn't been that good. Or healthy.

Staley, Iupati, Heitmann, Rachal, Davis, Sims, Baas, Boone, with Snyder, Wragge, Wallace, Patrick and delaPuente fighting for the last spot of nine on the 53 man roster.

I totally agree that putting Boone on the PS would mean another team (Buffalo is desperate for an OT) would snap him up. He's shown major progression here, and earned a spot in the final nine. IMHO. What you say about the future, two years down the road, makes total sense.

Very true. Snyder is the jack of all trades but the master of none.
Share 49ersWebzone