There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Putting Dixon at Fullback

Putting Dixon at Fullback

If Dixon proves to be a capable player in training camp and can show he can block, I think he would make a good fullback given his size and quickness. This will do several things, one get him playing time and assimilted and the game especially with the linemen, then when he is ready and it is time replace Gore. Woud also be great not knowing if he would get the or if gore got the ball.

I am thinking along the lines of what was done with Roger Craig. Of course Craig did have experience playing FB.

Also it would save a spot on the ros.

If you don't think so, why not.

Just trying to create something to talk about till TC, so don't have a cow!
No because he is the second best TB on the team.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No because he is the second best TB on the team.

True, but this would get him on the field and get him playing experience and carries.
why is everyone so obessed with trying people at different position? lol
No that'd be ridiculously stupid because our FB doesn't get carries they just block and this kid has never been a FB before in college, he's been a pounding HB ala Brandon Jacobs which is what we drafted him to be. This is a very stupid idea.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:

Because this is Niner-Madden Talk!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
No that'd be ridiculously stupid because our FB doesn't get carries they just block and this kid has never been a FB before in college, he's been a pounding HB ala Brandon Jacobs which is what we drafted him to be. This is a very stupid idea.

So is that a 'NO'???

THIS
Originally posted by valrod33:

THIS

THAT
Must admit that I am one of those who normally hate the idea of drafting players and trying to turn them into something else.

At the same time, just wondering on how you can get your best players on the field. For this discussion not saying this would be a permanent move just to get him in the game. Also on the issue that our FB doesn't carry the ball that much, of course this would/could/should neccessitate a change. Like I mentioned Roger Craig. Of course Raye is so preditable. If he was put in at FB, I would expect him to get some touches, whether it be on a handoff or a swing pass.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Because this is Niner-Madden Talk!

Haha-Sorry to disappoint you, I don't play video games. Just putting something out there for debate till TC that will stir the niner faithful.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by valrod33:

THIS

THAT

AND THE OTHER
Can he block, it's really not that easy and more important can he catch? We need a FB that can do both and run a little in short yardage!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Can he block, it's really not that easy and more important can he catch? We need a FB that can do both and run a little in short yardage!

Answer: See Jehuu Caulcrick