LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Manusky: So far, so good

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Phil Barber writes about Manusky's press briefing:

Manusky's First Impressions

Mostly it's wait and see in this business, but he likes what he sees so far.
If Ahmad Brooks can provide pressure like he did in a few games last year, that alone would cure so many ailments on the niner's defense.
so what?
Nice read!
Originally posted by fister30:
If Ahmad Brooks can provide pressure like he did in a few games last year, that alone would cure so many ailments on the niner's defense.

And Parys Haralson earning more than coverage sacks. I think we should get rid of Haralson because LaBoy is a big upgrade over Haralson.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

And Parys Haralson earning more than coverage sacks. I think we should get rid of Haralson because LaBoy is a big upgrade over Haralson.

really?

laboy hasn't even played a down and doesn't have any type of highlights to look at
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice read!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

really?

laboy hasn't even played a down and doesn't have any type of highlights to look at

I agree I know Parys has had some struggles but replacing him with LaBoy at this point is crazy Laboy has contributed nothing. When he does and earns it then cool. Like you said Laboy's highlight reel consisted of pre season games.
Originally posted by lamontb:

really?

I agree I know Parys has had some struggles but replacing him with LaBoy at this point is crazy Laboy has contributed nothing. When he does and earns it then cool. Like you said Laboy's highlight reel consisted of pre season games.

Laboy has to prove himself before even thinking of taking Parys' spot.
OLB's are a big ?

Parys and Manny have underachieved so far IMO. Ahmad is unproven to be consistent and LaBoy is good but not great.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
OLB's are a big ?

Parys and Manny have underachieved so far IMO. Ahmad is unproven to be consistent and LaBoy is good but not great.

Depends how you look at it (glass half full or half empty). Parys and Manny have proven to be solid playmakers in this scheme, they just don't provide consistent enough pressure, game-to-game and year-to-year. However, if you rotate in 2 quality backups like LaBoy and Brooks who both excel in providing pressure, you've got a very solid unit overall. Parys and Manny can push harder when they're on the field knowing they have able backups to spell them.

There's no real standout (at least not yet), but as a group, they're actually not bad and likely will only get better as their roles become more defined.

really?

You do realize there are other ways to watch old football games besides youtube right?
Originally posted by flynhayn15:

really?

You do realize there are other ways to watch old football games besides youtube right?

upload them on you tube

really?

upload them on you tube

Yes Massah! Is there anything else I can do for you so you won't have to search the internet for yourself?
  • fly15
  • Veteran

really?

upload them on you tube

Yes Massah! Is there anything else I can do for you so you won't have to search the internet for yourself?

Share 49ersWebzone