Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
I like that kinda party!

WR Michael Crabtree, WR Josh Morgan and WR Ted Ginn Jr.

Thats the top 3 right there and they know it.

Looking at it, thats a pretty darn good triple threat. Not many teams have a better top 3 out there. We have some legitamate weapons.

really? I wouldn't even say its the best top 3 in the division.. it's barely even 2nd.

We have a better top 3 than zona top to bottom. Early Doucet hasnt done anything in this league. Zona has a better top 2, but not top 3

Plus they had a future HOF QB throwing them the ball so their numbers are slighty skewed. Zona`s WRs wont put up the same numbers with Lienart at the helm.

And Josh Morgan has? He had barely 500 yards in 15 starts.. that is pitiful.

Morgan also sufferd through a QB change and an offensive change in philosphy on a run first team. 52 catches for his circumstance is pretty damn good. With 28 of those grabs coming over the last 6 weeks of the season.

no.. it's not. 33 yards a game from a starting WR is awful no matter what way you want to spin it.

I`m not spinning anything. But I know football well enough to know that 52 catches in his circumstance is pretty good. He started the season with old man Bruce starting on the other side of him. Who later announced retirement before the season was even over. Bruce couldnt take any pressure off of Morgan so he could get open. This is a team sport and everyone around you makes you better. You kinda have to know the game in order to read between the lines and see it for what it really is. Like I said earlier, its No coiencedence that he had 28 catches over the last 6 weeks. Thats when Crabtree and Davis were really playing well too. If he can do what he did the last 6 games of the year. He would have about 75 rec for 650yds and 6tds on the season. I will take that.

you keep bringing up the last 6 weeks of the season.. ok then

28 catches
222 yards

.. that's 37 yards a game and a little under 8 yards per catch. explain how that is impressive?

You are putting to much stock into the yds. Thats only one stat. That 8 yd avg is good for a 1st down 8 out of 10 times. He is a possesion guy with good hands. Not everyone is a Randy Moss type player. If he can give us 40-50 first down grabs and 6 Tds I really dont care how many yards he has. Let VD and Crabs have the yards, I dont care. Just keep moving the chains!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i am so glad to finally have a full stable of weapons for our qb, no more rolling out the byran gilmores ashley lelies and taylor jacobs of the world and acting like they are legitimate nfl wr's

Yeah we've come a long way since then.
I like that kinda party!

Looking at it, thats a pretty darn good triple threat. Not many teams have a better top 3 out there. We have some legitamate weapons.

really? I wouldn't even say its the best top 3 in the division.. it's barely even 2nd.

We have a better top 3 than zona top to bottom. Early Doucet hasnt done anything in this league. Zona has a better top 2, but not top 3

Plus they had a future HOF QB throwing them the ball so their numbers are slighty skewed. Zona`s WRs wont put up the same numbers with Lienart at the helm.

Morgan also sufferd through a QB change and an offensive change in philosphy on a run first team. 52 catches for his circumstance is pretty damn good. With 28 of those grabs coming over the last 6 weeks of the season.

no.. it's not. 33 yards a game from a starting WR is awful no matter what way you want to spin it.

I`m not spinning anything. But I know football well enough to know that 52 catches in his circumstance is pretty good. He started the season with old man Bruce starting on the other side of him. Who later announced retirement before the season was even over. Bruce couldnt take any pressure off of Morgan so he could get open. This is a team sport and everyone around you makes you better. You kinda have to know the game in order to read between the lines and see it for what it really is. Like I said earlier, its No coiencedence that he had 28 catches over the last 6 weeks. Thats when Crabtree and Davis were really playing well too. If he can do what he did the last 6 games of the year. He would have about 75 rec for 650yds and 6tds on the season. I will take that.

28 catches
222 yards

.. that's 37 yards a game and a little under 8 yards per catch. explain how that is impressive?

You are putting to much stock into the yds. Thats only one stat. That 8 yd avg is good for a 1st down 8 out of 10 times. He is a possesion guy with good hands. Not everyone is a Randy Moss type player. If he can give us 40-50 first down grabs and 6 Tds I really dont care how many yards he has. Let VD and Crabs have the yards, I dont care. Just keep moving the chains!

8 yards a catch is good for a running back .. not a WR .. hell for even a possession receiver that is awful.

..and at Morgan's current rate.. he would have to catch 100-120 balls to move the chains 40-50 times. soooo... he's not even a good possession receiver either.
I like that kinda party!

28 catches
222 yards

8 yards a catch is good for a running back .. not a WR .. hell for even a possession receiver that is awful.

..and at Morgan's current rate.. he would have to catch 100-120 balls to move the chains 40-50 times. soooo... he's not even a good possession receiver either.

we dont exactly pass the ball on first down, normally gore picks up a few yards ?so morgans current rate would normally be quite enough to pick up a first down.
Originally posted by fandownunder5:
I like that kinda party!

28 catches
222 yards

we dont exactly pass the ball on first down, normally gore picks up a few yards ?so morgans current rate would normally be quite enough to pick up a first down.

I was talking about the 38% first down rate he had last year.. which was near the bottom of the league last year in percentage of catches that resulted in first downs. That 38% puts him a good 6% below the likes of Danny Amendola Bobby Wade and Johnny Knox. So again.. until he proves otherwise Josh Morgan is an AWFUL #2 WR.
Originally posted by fandownunder5:
I like that kinda party!

28 catches
222 yards

I was talking about the 38% first down rate he had last year.. which was near the bottom of the league last year in percentage of catches that resulted in first downs. That 38% puts him a good 6% below the likes of Danny Amendola Bobby Wade and Johnny Knox. So again.. until he proves otherwise Josh Morgan is an AWFUL #2 WR.

point taken, fingers crossed he improves this year!
Our Receivers: #1 Crabtree, #2 Morgan/Ginn, #3 Ginn/Morgan, V. Davis. Backups would be Hill/B. Jones, Williams, D. Walker

Crabtree 1200 yards, 11 TDs
Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs
D. Walker 400 yards 3 TDs
Hill/Jones/Williams 500 yards 2 TDs

That would be quite a year for A. Smith to don't you think?
I like that kinda party!

AWWW DAMN DOG!!

YA'LL JUST HAD TO GET THE SAME HAIRCUT AS ME!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Our Receivers: #1 Crabtree, #2 Morgan/Ginn, #3 Ginn/Morgan, V. Davis. Backups would be Hill/B. Jones, Williams, D. Walker

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

iwish
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

iwish

4500 yards in a jimmy raye offense? you crazy foo.

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

Originally posted by darkknight49:

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

iwish

That is some wild optimism. With numbers like that, you're looking at Crabtree, Davis, and Smith pro bowl starters (and maybe even an OL + frank) and a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

iwish

yeah, that would be pretty sweet.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Morgan 700 yards, 5 TDS
Ginn 700 yards 4 TDs
Davis 1000 yards 10 TDs

iwish

Look at the stats for the 2000 chiefs with Grbac at QB and a bunch of nobodies at wideout and no one nearly as good as Gore at RB.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Nice group of WR's

true but kind of like the running backs, who everyone says are the same style players, so are the receivers...tallest receiver on roster is 6-2, in a time when 6-4 or 6-5 guys are tearing up the league
Share 49ersWebzone