LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

So when does Baalke get the gig

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He's already got it. He's their guy. The Yorks aren't going to go get somebody expensive. Their pattern and history says to promote from within at the cheaper price.

I'm curious how many teams don't follow that same policy, besides maybe the Dolphins, Browns, Chiefs.

The Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins, Browns, Patriots, and Broncos come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. You don't have to go from the inside only.

ok maybe I'll need some education on this. Are we talking front office, or HC's?

-Jerry Jones acts as his own GM. Wade Phillips was not an expensive hire. I'm not sure who else they have that would qualify as someone "expensive".

-Dan Snyder is the biggest idiot in the NFL when it comes to spending money, so he's out.

-Dolphins went out and got expensive Parcells to be their president or whatever, so I'll grant you that one.

-Browns got Holmgren to be their president, not sure how much he cost, but definitely a 'big name' hire, so OK.

-The Patriots let Pioli go to the Chiefs, maybe you can enlighten me who they hired to replace him that would be considered 'expensive'.

-The Broncos brass don't have a clue wtf they're doing, so I'm not sure how you can include them in anything.

My point is that just because you go out and get someone expensive, that don't mean s**t.

At this point, I'd take Baalke over alot of his 'expensive' counterparts. The guy's been at the helm for a little more than a month, had a hell of alot on his plate, and has made alot of agreeable decisions in a short time, so he's got my support, at least for now.

imo of course
I think he will get the job but it will be after this year. So they can see the results of his work this year
Originally posted by 23zack80:
It will be during a dead period of the NFL schedule to give fans something to talk about and ESPN something football related other than Brett Favre for a day.

Brett Favre sucks.
Valrod, you would think that but look how bigMIke got jump promoted to HC, having coached only LBs, and no OCing, no RB,TE,WR,QB,DE, OL, or DB previous experience coaching. Point is yorks and choosing team leaders is a sad story based on God only knows what. With baalke, we know he knows talent, we know he has stones, we know he knows other GMs/HCs in draft(for deal making), and he knows how to build a team:
LInes first, and make it OL first on a team obviously in need of an OL. He's proved himself, but when does jedi pull the trigger? answer: unknown.
Seriously, stop rushing. We already rushed with Singletary (Shanahan would've been better) so let's chill on the Baalke thing.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Seriously, stop rushing. We already rushed with Singletary (Shanahan would've been better) so let's chill on the Baalke thing.

Move on
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

Move on

He's right. There's no reason to promote the guy until late in the season.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by susweel:
He might never get the gig, Scotty could still resume his role.

lol, yah right

Just throwing it out there, We have no idea what is going on with that situation.

Yeah we kinda do. 49ers and McCloughan are working on a settlement right now. Once it's finalized and he's a FA, he'll accept a front office gig (not GM) with the Raiders or Packers most likely.

Where did you read this at? first i have heard of it. Link please?

I would really like a link to this.

He's already got it. He's their guy. The Yorks aren't going to go get somebody expensive. Their pattern and history says to promote from within at the cheaper price.

I'm curious how many teams don't follow that same policy, besides maybe the Dolphins, Browns, Chiefs.

The Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins, Browns, Patriots, and Broncos come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. You don't have to go from the inside only.

ok maybe I'll need some education on this. Are we talking front office, or HC's?

-Jerry Jones acts as his own GM. Wade Phillips was not an expensive hire. I'm not sure who else they have that would qualify as someone "expensive".

-Dan Snyder is the biggest idiot in the NFL when it comes to spending money, so he's out.

-Dolphins went out and got expensive Parcells to be their president or whatever, so I'll grant you that one.

-Browns got Holmgren to be their president, not sure how much he cost, but definitely a 'big name' hire, so OK.

-The Patriots let Pioli go to the Chiefs, maybe you can enlighten me who they hired to replace him that would be considered 'expensive'.

-The Broncos brass don't have a clue wtf they're doing, so I'm not sure how you can include them in anything.

My point is that just because you go out and get someone expensive, that don't mean s**t.

At this point, I'd take Baalke over alot of his 'expensive' counterparts. The guy's been at the helm for a little more than a month, had a hell of alot on his plate, and has made alot of agreeable decisions in a short time, so he's got my support, at least for now.

imo of course

Jerry Jones spends $3.5 Million a year on an Offensive Coordinator. So it's hard to say he doesn't spend a lot on his staff. He can have the official title of GM but he has lots of high paid football guys all around him.

Belicheck is not high paid with the Patriots?
Share 49ersWebzone