There are 280 users in the forums

Crazy Idea- but it just may work

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tman
  • Veteran

are we STILL debating our long snapper position???

Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
Ok, so even before posting this I know many of you are going to freak out at the idea. But with the drafting of dixon and Norris being our starting FB, fan favorite Michael Robinson's days in sf may be numbered. My idea is to try Michael Robinson at long snapper. RELAX. I understand he is undersized but he weighs as much as Brian Jennings, and wouldn't be overly small for the position. The seahawks backup longsnapper is 180 pounds. I also understand that Jennings is very good and has helped lee get to the pro bowl and has been once himself, but how nice would it be to have a LS who could contribute in more ways than one. He's an amazing personality in the locker room and is a talented enough athlete to learn how to do it. I know it is farfetched but let me know what you think.

My problem is Anthony Dixon put up 3994 yards and 42 TDs in 4 years in the SEC. Pretty damn good numbers to turn him into a fullback. Agree?

Oh god yes. I hope I didn't imply that he would be moving positions, I'm hoping he beats out coffee as gore's backup. I'm saying we carry gore, dixon, coffee in that order and Norris at FB. Most teams don't carry more than 4 backs.

My bad, I don't know where I got that from.
Share 49ersWebzone