LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

Crazy Idea- but it just may work

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Ok, so even before posting this I know many of you are going to freak out at the idea. But with the drafting of dixon and Norris being our starting FB, fan favorite Michael Robinson's days in sf may be numbered. My idea is to try Michael Robinson at long snapper. RELAX. I understand he is undersized but he weighs as much as Brian Jennings, and wouldn't be overly small for the position. The seahawks backup longsnapper is 180 pounds. I also understand that Jennings is very good and has helped lee get to the pro bowl and has been once himself, but how nice would it be to have a LS who could contribute in more ways than one. He's an amazing personality in the locker room and is a talented enough athlete to learn how to do it. I know it is farfetched but let me know what you think.
NO.
Thinking outside the box but if it's not broke then don't fix it.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
its nice in theory but jennings is just to good at his job to replace him. The first time robinson snaps an errent ball everybody is going to blow up like "WTF is sing thinking!"
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
Ok, so even before posting this I know many of you are going to freak out at the idea. But with the drafting of dixon and Norris being our starting FB, fan favorite Michael Robinson's days in sf may be numbered. My idea is to try Michael Robinson at long snapper. RELAX. I understand he is undersized but he weighs as much as Brian Jennings, and wouldn't be overly small for the position. The seahawks backup longsnapper is 180 pounds. I also understand that Jennings is very good and has helped lee get to the pro bowl and has been once himself, but how nice would it be to have a LS who could contribute in more ways than one. He's an amazing personality in the locker room and is a talented enough athlete to learn how to do it. I know it is farfetched but let me know what you think.

My problem is Anthony Dixon put up 3994 yards and 42 TDs in 4 years in the SEC. Pretty damn good numbers to turn him into a fullback. Agree?
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
NO.

Hahah. I like your reasoning and well executed explanation! Thanks
NO.

Hahah. I like your reasoning and well executed explanation! Thanks

no problem
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gore_21:

My problem is Anthony Dixon put up 3994 yards and 42 TDs in 4 years in the SEC. Pretty damn good numbers to turn him into a fullback. Agree?

Oh god yes. I hope I didn't imply that he would be moving positions, I'm hoping he beats out coffee as gore's backup. I'm saying we carry gore, dixon, coffee in that order and Norris at FB. Most teams don't carry more than 4 backs.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

why even come up with this idea?

are you going to call singletary and tell him about it?

wow guy...

• WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I really don't think it's a bad option and way to keep our most talented players on our roster, but if you do, I applaud the creativity of you "burn"
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MaliCali:
why even come up with this idea?

are you going to call singletary and tell him about it?

wow guy...

Hahah. Relax buddy, I "came up with this" because just like everyone on this forum at 10:50 am, I'm bored at work, and wanted to throw out an idea with other real 49er fans and have a discussion. Starting thinking outside the box. And if your issue with this post is that I'm not going to be able to tell sing than why follow football or the draft? We don't get to set rosters or make draftpicks or coach games on Sunday. Were fans wholove the team and love talking football. That's why.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
its nice in theory but jennings is just to good at his job to replace him. The first time robinson snaps an errent ball everybody is going to blow up like "WTF is sing thinking!"
Why don't you try it in Madden and let us know how it turns out.
NO.
Share 49ersWebzone