There are 208 users in the forums

Trained Killas...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I think Mays is similar athletically to Troy Polamalu. Both had sub 4.4 speed and 40 inch verts coming out of the combine. He's also much bigger, 6'3, 230 to 5'10, 210.
Hopefully he starts to play like Troy in the future. I remember they said Troys weakness was his ability to cover, so there's hope for Mays.

Negatives from the scouting report on Troy:

"Negatives: Short for the NFL and is not a real ballhawk. Misses plays because he is out of position. Does not read keys well and diagnose. Struggles covering man deep. Plays out of control and lacks great change of direction. Skills will translate to the NFL, but measurables might not. Gets carried away. Prefers setting up a well-timed hit to break up a play over going for an interception. Does not have great playing speed and range."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=6771
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I think Mays is similar athletically to Troy Polamalu. Both had sub 4.4 speed and 40 inch verts coming out of the combine. He's also much bigger, 6'3, 230 to 5'10, 210.
Hopefully he starts to play like Troy in the future. I remember they said Troys weakness was his ability to cover, so there's hope for Mays.

Negatives from the scouting report on Troy:

"Negatives: Short for the NFL and is not a real ballhawk. Misses plays because he is out of position. Does not read keys well and diagnose. Struggles covering man deep. Plays out of control and lacks great change of direction. Skills will translate to the NFL, but measurables might not. Gets carried away. Prefers setting up a well-timed hit to break up a play over going for an interception. Does not have great playing speed and range."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=6771

Damn, look at Troy now. But it does sound alot like Mays from various scouting reports.
Trained football players are more impressive to me, a big hitter that misses tackles because he is going for the big hit is a waste of roster space. I do agree that Mays can probably be coached up and having Ronnie Lott in your corner never hurts, so I am optimistic about the kids future.
Originally posted by foamingatdamouth:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I finally got to listen to Mays interview on KNBR

And he stated that he is glad to be on this Defense cause we got "Trained Killas' and that's what I'm about"...

He also said that he LOOKS to blow people up.

Gotta say I like tha young man's swagger.

~Ceadder

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have an official knickname for our defense! Trained Killas!!!

that's exactly what i was thinking.

would it be just Trained Killas, Singletary's Trained Killas, or SF's Trained Killers?

i miss Keith Lewis.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

And he stated that he is glad to be on this Defense cause we got "Trained Killas' and that's what I'm about"...

~Ceadder

"he LOOKS to blow people up" is the reason why he fell to the 2nd round. dude cant cover, and doesnt make plays on the ball. hes so obsessed with laying the big hit, he blows his coverage.

im definitely NOT looking forward to a cocky young overrated S that cant cover and has no ballhawking sense. hopefully Sing works a miracle and turns him into something.

obviously u didnt listen to the whole interview.... he goes over that... said thats what he was taught at usc to not look for ball look for big hit. even if ball is in reach he said he was taught there to light him up not go for the pick.

he is no where near cocky.. he actually sounds humble.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Niners99:

~Ceadder

"he LOOKS to blow people up" is the reason why he fell to the 2nd round. dude cant cover, and doesnt make plays on the ball. hes so obsessed with laying the big hit, he blows his coverage.

im definitely NOT looking forward to a cocky young overrated S that cant cover and has no ballhawking sense. hopefully Sing works a miracle and turns him into something.

obviously u didnt listen to the whole interview.... he goes over that... said thats what he was taught at usc to not look for ball look for big hit. even if ball is in reach he said he was taught there to light him up not go for the pick.

he is no where near cocky.. he actually sounds humble.

it is good humble better than cocky
Share 49ersWebzone