LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 319 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
they should build a floating stadium in the bay

I've said this as well. Something like this:

Nedney can kick em into the ocean.

-9fA
Originally posted by jimbagg:
If the YES side does not carry the day, expect some serious chaos and distraction to impact the Niners. The LA stadium people would re-surface, declaring the Niners as one of their prime candidates for the stadium under construction in the LA-area. I have no idea how the vote will go. Silicon Valley traffic already sucks, money is tight, new jobs are scarce, and everyone sees how Oakland taxpayers are still paying for the Raiders debacle. The Niners' management has invested tons of time and money to persuade Santa Clara voters to their way of thinking, but a YES is no sure thing at all.

From my own point of view, I much prefer to see a Super Bowl come back to the Bay Area, than the Olympics to be held in the Bay Area. More revenue, less expense, give me the Super Bowl every time.

One other thing, while the weather on the bay flats area of Santa Clara is significantly better than Candlestick Point, don't kid yourself about the wind. The wind HOWLS through this area in the late afternoon. Just check out the bent of the trees planted and staked at the golf course across the street (Tasman) from the stadium site. Even with intelligent design, any outdoor stadium on this site, is going to have a wind factor between 2:00 - 6:00 PM.

I think this is what is going to happen. The Santa Clara site will get shot down and LA will be the only viable option left. I think people are just burying their heads in the sand and trying to convince themselves and others that it won't happen but I think the writing's on the wall.

It's just a matter of time before the 49ers move to the City of Industry.
Originally posted by area49:
If the YES side does not carry the day, expect some serious chaos and distraction to impact the Niners. The LA stadium people would re-surface, declaring the Niners as one of their prime candidates for the stadium under construction in the LA-area. I have no idea how the vote will go. Silicon Valley traffic already sucks, money is tight, new jobs are scarce, and everyone sees how Oakland taxpayers are still paying for the Raiders debacle. The Niners' management has invested tons of time and money to persuade Santa Clara voters to their way of thinking, but a YES is no sure thing at all.

From my own point of view, I much prefer to see a Super Bowl come back to the Bay Area, than the Olympics to be held in the Bay Area. More revenue, less expense, give me the Super Bowl every time.

One other thing, while the weather on the bay flats area of Santa Clara is significantly better than Candlestick Point, don't kid yourself about the wind. The wind HOWLS through this area in the late afternoon. Just check out the bent of the trees planted and staked at the golf course across the street (Tasman) from the stadium site. Even with intelligent design, any outdoor stadium on this site, is going to have a wind factor between 2:00 - 6:00 PM.

I think this is what is going to happen. The Santa Clara site will get shot down and LA will be the only viable option left. I think people are just burying their heads in the sand and trying to convince themselves and others that it won't happen but I think the writing's on the wall.

F*CK lala land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

You can say that all you want, bro. It's not gonna stop it from actually happening.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
There is no way that it's not going to pass I live in Santa Clara and everyone within a 14 block radius of my house has there "yes on measure J" signs plastered around the house.Not to mention everyday my mailbox is stuffed with "yes on J" propaganda about how it is going to help local business and schools.Santa Clara is a nice city that needs a revival besides Great America there really is nothing.It's too bad SF could'nt get their stuff together because the stadium should really be there but like I said earlier no way this wont pass in Santa Clara.

nice
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

You can say that all you want, bro. It's not gonna stop it from actually happening.

keep dreaming scrap, all LA's getting is the raiders of jaguars. keep your hands off our teams and give us back our water!!!!
I say we torch Santa Clara if it doesnt pass! hehehee excluding 4949 centennial blvd!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
35 days
Originally posted by mayo63:
35 days

wooooooooooooooooooo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
34 days

• mayo49
  • Veteran
33 days
34 days

woooooooooooooooooo
33 days

woooooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
they should build a floating stadium in the bay

I've said this as well. Something like this:

Nedney can kick em into the ocean.

-9fA

where is that
I don't live in Cali so I have no idea how hard this is going to be? Anybody have any insight.....does it look like its going to happen?
Share 49ersWebzone