LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 188 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
what the hell is yes on j?

Da, it's the stadium ballot measure.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
man i hope we get this stadium, it can do so much for a franchise, look what happened to seattle after qwest field was built the team got better right away, with crowd noise, free agents wanting to come there and so on, its only a field where u play on sundays but man its impact goes so much deeper

arizona too!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Goodell said that they could get a Super Bowl.

No freakin guarantees and lets not forget that Goodell pooched us once this season already.

I want a stadium as much as the next Faithful but I smell a rat. A big big big Rat named Roger.

~Ceadder

Oh no, I figure it's a done deal, for Goodell to even come out to our side of the country for stadium business alone seals the deal (at least proof the NFL has been backing us since Goodell came out almost 2 years ago on a previous occasion with the SB committee to view the potential stadium site).

The NFL has wanted us out of the Stick for years, and I think the moment we got the ball rolling they were gonna come in and help seal the deal anyways. -They've wanted us out since the 80's when they carved the writing on the wall in passing over the Stick for Superbowl 19, choosing Stanford as the host-site. (Simply cause Candlestick has been one of the most inadequate football venues in the NFL since 'stadium foundation'/infrastructure to improve the NFL experience became a huge factor within the last century .)

As for the Superbowl promise, I think Goodell will be more than true to his word (we just have to hold up our end and get the sucker built)! Zona and Dallas were given the exact deal by 2 separate NFL Commissioners (from 2 separate regimes/tenors) before they built their b*****d-domes!

-Not to mention the Bay Area is a huge revenue surplus for the NFL Superbowl experience (being the media factory of central California and all), with the stadium itself being put in a great location where weather/wind wouldn't be a game-changing factor (according to the Environmental Impact Report).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
36 days
Originally posted by mayo63:
36 days

wooooooooooooooooo
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Giant9er.
YES on J BABY

If the YES side does not carry the day, expect some serious chaos and distraction to impact the Niners. The LA stadium people would re-surface, declaring the Niners as one of their prime candidates for the stadium under construction in the LA-area. I have no idea how the vote will go. Silicon Valley traffic already sucks, money is tight, new jobs are scarce, and everyone sees how Oakland taxpayers are still paying for the Raiders debacle. The Niners' management has invested tons of time and money to persuade Santa Clara voters to their way of thinking, but a YES is no sure thing at all.

From my own point of view, I much prefer to see a Super Bowl come back to the Bay Area, than the Olympics to be held in the Bay Area. More revenue, less expense, give me the Super Bowl every time.

One other thing, while the weather on the bay flats area of Santa Clara is significantly better than Candlestick Point, don't kid yourself about the wind. The wind HOWLS through this area in the late afternoon. Just check out the bent of the trees planted and staked at the golf course across the street (Tasman) from the stadium site. Even with intelligent design, any outdoor stadium on this site, is going to have a wind factor between 2:00 - 6:00 PM.

[ Edited by jimbagg on May 3, 2010 at 11:28:17 ]
Originally posted by jimbagg:
If the YES side does not carry the day, expect some serious chaos and distraction to impact the Niners. The LA stadium people would re-surface, declaring the Niners as one of their prime candidates for the stadium under construction in the LA-area. I have no idea how the vote will go. Silicon Valley traffic already sucks, money is tight, new jobs are scarce, and everyone sees how Oakland taxpayers are still paying for the Raiders debacle. The Niners' management has invested tons of time and money to persuade Santa Clara voters to their way of thinking, but a YES is no sure thing at all.

From my own point of view, I much prefer to see a Super Bowl come back to the Bay Area, than the Olympics to be held in the Bay Area. More revenue, less expense, give me the Super Bowl every time.

One other thing, while the weather on the bay flats area of Santa Clara is significantly better than Candlestick Point, don't kid yourself about the wind. The wind HOWLS through this area in the late afternoon. Just check out the bent of the trees planted and staked at the golf course across the street (Tasman) from the stadium site. Even with intelligent design, any outdoor stadium on this site, is going to have a wind factor between 2:00 - 6:00 PM.

ya u dont want the olympics, i just had them in my hometown and its only been a couple months but i have forgotten them already
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
what the hell is yes on j?

Da, it's the stadium ballot measure.

Well in that case, YES ON J!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
even if the stadium vote passes, isn't there still a s**tload left to overcome?

Maybe there's some minor stuff left, but Jed has implied this is the big one.

yeah, the Niners have to buyout great america, mafia-style....

Great America knows they're literally holding on by a thread within all of this, so they're boasting falsified/inadequate environmental-impact (report) lawsuits to stall the stadium's construction/blackmail the Yorks into buying out the park itself.

Damn, imagine the love the NFL is finally going to give us the moment we start playing in that new stadium, our revenue-value will be up the roof!

The Niner Santa Clara stadium is like a giant bolder coming down on Great America like the giant rock chasing Indiana Jones out of the cave in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Nothing for them to do but get out of the way or be squashed.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
even if the stadium vote passes, isn't there still a s**tload left to overcome?

Maybe there's some minor stuff left, but Jed has implied this is the big one.

yeah, the Niners have to buyout great america, mafia-style....

Great America knows they're literally holding on by a thread within all of this, so they're boasting falsified/inadequate environmental-impact (report) lawsuits to stall the stadium's construction/blackmail the Yorks into buying out the park itself.

Damn, imagine the love the NFL is finally going to give us the moment we start playing in that new stadium, our revenue-value will be up the roof!

The Niner Santa Clara stadium is like a giant bolder coming down on Great America like the giant rock chasing Indiana Jones out of the cave in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Nothing for them to do but get out of the way or be squashed.

Nah.

Its more like the are holding an unloaded gun to the head of the 49ers and the City of Santa Clara in the hopes that an empty threat will get the 49ers to buy the park from them so that they can do what they already wanted to do...unload an Amusement Park that is losing money.

No freakin guarantees and lets not forget that Goodell pooched us once this season already.

I want a stadium as much as the next Faithful but I smell a rat. A big big big Rat named Roger.

~Ceadder

Oh no, I figure it's a done deal, for Goodell to even come out to our side of the country for stadium business alone seals the deal (at least proof the NFL has been backing us since Goodell came out almost 2 years ago on a previous occasion with the SB committee to view the potential stadium site).

The NFL has wanted us out of the Stick for years, and I think the moment we got the ball rolling they were gonna come in and help seal the deal anyways. -They've wanted us out since the 80's when they carved the writing on the wall in passing over the Stick for Superbowl 19, choosing Stanford as the host-site. (Simply cause Candlestick has been one of the most inadequate football venues in the NFL since 'stadium foundation'/infrastructure to improve the NFL experience became a huge factor within the last century .)

As for the Superbowl promise, I think Goodell will be more than true to his word (we just have to hold up our end and get the sucker built)! Zona and Dallas were given the exact deal by 2 separate NFL Commissioners (from 2 separate regimes/tenors) before they built their b*****d-domes!

-Not to mention the Bay Area is a huge revenue surplus for the NFL Superbowl experience (being the media factory of central California and all), with the stadium itself being put in a great location where weather/wind wouldn't be a game-changing factor (according to the Environmental Impact Report).

Goodell came out here to do what all Commissioners do. It's only a show of support. Doesn't mean anything til the Stadium is built. THEN, we will see which way the winds are blowing in Santa Clara, if not sooner.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

No Question...if the Stadium gets built, there will be MULTIPLE Super Bowls played in it.

Super Bowls are held in worm weather areas. The only reason we haven't had one since the Niners beat the Dolphins at Stanford is because Candlestick is a heap.
they should build a floating stadium in the bay
Please watch the Sonicsgate video in the Other Sports thread. A team moving because it can't get a new stadium is a very real possibility in this day and age.

I am not living in the bay area currently but grew up there and have been a San Francisco 49ers fan my entire life. Please go and vote yes on the stadium so that the team doesn't move to LA, or any other area for that matter.
Share 49ersWebzone