LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
39 days

wooooooooooooooo
38 days

woooooooooooooooooo
New stadium for the Niners and a Super Bowl soon after.........make it happen, Santa Clara!
even if the stadium vote passes, isn't there still a s**tload left to overcome?
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Maybe there's some minor stuff left, but Jed has implied this is the big one.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

yeah, the Niners have to buyout great america, mafia-style....
man i hope we get this stadium, it can do so much for a franchise, look what happened to seattle after qwest field was built the team got better right away, with crowd noise, free agents wanting to come there and so on, its only a field where u play on sundays but man its impact goes so much deeper
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

even so, if a new stadium meant bringing the Super Bowl to Santa Clara, i dont see how the home base area for the Niners wouldnt be jumping all over this to vote Yes. the Super Bowl is HUGE. it would do incredible things for their local economy.

the taxpayers wouldnt even have to shell out that big a % for it. the big majority of the stadium costs will come from the Niners.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

Great America knows they're literally holding on by a thread within all of this, so they're boasting falsified/inadequate environmental-impact (report) lawsuits to stall the stadium's construction/blackmail the Yorks into buying out the park itself.

Damn, imagine the love the NFL is finally going to give us the moment we start playing in that new stadium, our revenue-value will be up the roof!

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on May 2, 2010 at 03:24:07 ]
Goodell said that they could get a Super Bowl.

No freakin guarantees and lets not forget that Goodell pooched us once this season already.

I want a stadium as much as the next Faithful but I smell a rat. A big big big Rat named Roger.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 2, 2010 at 05:00:11 ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
37 days
Man I thought we would not get the stadium in Santa Clara but it looks like we have a real shot to get it passed and we really need this!
37 days

wooooooooooooooo
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
There is no way that it's not going to pass I live in Santa Clara and everyone within a 14 block radius of my house has there "yes on measure J" signs plastered around the house.Not to mention everyday my mailbox is stuffed with "yes on J" propaganda about how it is going to help local business and schools.Santa Clara is a nice city that needs a revival besides Great America there really is nothing.It's too bad SF could'nt get their stuff together because the stadium should really be there but like I said earlier no way this wont pass in Santa Clara.
what the hell is yes on j?
Share 49ersWebzone