LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Thomas Herrion

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sad story about this kid... but I was just thinking about him right around draft time, because when he collapsed in the locker room after the preseason game... he was a rookie right?

As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever heard of him until the tradgey struck. Was this kid just a practice squader, or did he have some upside? Was he projected to be legit one day? Was he an undrafted rookie? I don't think I remember him being drafted.

Does anyone remember hearing any of the scouting reports on the guy? I know this is old, but I'm just wondering if by now, he woulda cracked the roster, and maybe the lineup...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think he was as undrafted free agent. Probably would have been cut, maybe PS material at best.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Undrafted OG outta Utah, played a in NFL Europe, but he was on track to make the team that year.
Played with smitty in college, that's about all i know about him. RIP. It's weird that he passed away after the bronco's game, then a couple years later Darrent Williams died the night after he played the niners...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Played with smitty in college, that's about all i know about him. RIP. It's weird that he passed away after the bronco's game, then a couple years later Darrent Williams died the night after he played the niners...

well, williams was shot.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

London police better be on the look out this year.
That's weird, I was just thinking about him yesterday. I couldn't remember his name though.
I was at both those games.

Herrion had smiled and walked off the field full of energy waving and joking with fans in the stand. We hadn't even left the stadium yet when the news started coming out.

Darrent Williams was a shock in the way that it happened. I had to go back to my terminal and was working well into the night and morning when the radio began blaring the report of gunshots on the freeway.
rip mr herrion, u will always be part of the 49ers family
Originally posted by crabman82:

Originally posted by crabman82:

most def..
r.i.p. thomas

glad the 9ers helped out and bought a dream house for his mom.

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Apr 30, 2010 at 13:22:59 ]
  • flow
  • Veteran
RIP, Thomas.
TH was a practice squad guy. He was a walk on Free Agent I believe and a long shot to make the team. Nevertheless... he was well liked and tried hard. [/right]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
r.i.p. thomas

glad the 9ers helped out and bought his a dream house for his mom.
Share 49ersWebzone