There are 229 users in the forums

Say we do win the Division.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by Chico:
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

THAT'S WHY THE TEAM OF THE 80'S WON SO MUCH!

We can't be happy with JUST making the playoffs!

But that team of the 80's had the best QB in the entire NFL, no team is a Superbowl lock, or even a hopeful until they establish a franchise QB. So until we fix that situation... a simple playoff berth would be a given blessing for this franchise.
tis better to have won the division and lost in the playoffs than to have drafted Jimmy Clausen at 13.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by mikeyc2281:
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

i agree

lol, really? Superbowl or bust? Maybe I'm just being that crazy thing called realistic... but none (or BARELY any) of our players have playoff experience. I don't see us winning the Superbowl (OBVIOUSLY I'd have a heart attack of joy if they did) due to small mental mistakes that come from the pressures of this. I, for one, would be EXTREMELY happy if we made the playoffs and won a game. Jesus guys it's been YEARS of losing and you can't be happy with making the playoffs? Wow.
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

this
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

i agree

lol, really? Superbowl or bust? Maybe I'm just being that crazy thing called realistic... but none (or BARELY any) of our players have playoff experience. I don't see us winning the Superbowl (OBVIOUSLY I'd have a heart attack of joy if they did) due to small mental mistakes that come from the pressures of this. I, for one, would be EXTREMELY happy if we made the playoffs and won a game. Jesus guys it's been YEARS of losing and you can't be happy with making the playoffs? Wow.

you're just jealous cause he stole half of your name
Originally posted by Gavintech:
How are we all gonna feel if we do win the division and then get beat down in our first playoff game in a decade?

Dont know about you but i will be crushed even more!!!!

Yes i know, baby steps but i would hate to see us get smack like Az did against No

It wouldn't be our first playoff game in a decade.

Wasn't it 2002? the year they came back to beat the Giants??? Maybe not quite a decade but darn close
Originally posted by HessianDud:
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

i agree

Of coarse we would all be happy!! just dont want to get there and get pounded by .... a really good team!?!?
  • kem99
  • Veteran
How are we all gonna feel if we do win the division and then get beat down in our first playoff game in a decade?

Yes i know, baby steps but i would hate to see us get smack like Az did against No

Why would you be crushed about losing a playoff game after not having a winning season since Mooch's last year?

Crushed is the '83 49ers losing to the Redskins on 2 phantom PI calls.

Crushed was the 49-3 loss to the Giants in the playoffs.

Crushed was the '87 49ers being the prohibitive favorites to win the SB and then losing to the Vikings at home in the first round.

Crushed was losing in '90 to the Giants after the Craig fumble.

You can be disappointed, but certainly not crushed...especially if the 49ers make the playoffs by winning the division at something like 9-7.

so you would rather go to the super bowl and Loose??? how about no... lol

Originally posted by kem99:

Why would you be crushed about losing a playoff game after not having a winning season since Mooch's last year?

Crushed was the '87 49ers being the prohibitive favorites to win the SB and then losing to the Vikings at home in the first round.

You can be disappointed, but certainly not crushed...especially if the 49ers make the playoffs by winning the division at something like 9-7.

9-7 would be an improvement from last year.....
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by kem99:

9-7 would be an improvement from last year.....

I know it would be an improvement but my point is if they get into the playoffs by winning a relatively weak division with a record of 9-7, they might very well play a better team that got in as a WC but had a better record. Sure, if they are healthy and hot at the end of the year, you might expect a deeper run into the playoffs but, generally, there should not be a lot of expectations heaped upon a 9-7 team.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!

i agree

you're just jealous cause he stole half of your name
Um... okay.

We do win the division.

Like that?
Share 49ersWebzone