LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

FoxSports Post-Draft Power Rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't really knock these rankings at this time. The teams listed above us are all pretty solid. We will just have to prove that we play better than those currently ranked above us.
we should be ahead of the cardinals and the panthers......dolphins and texans are iffy, both are on the verge of being good teams, like us....i think theyve underrated the giants badly..so that being said....2 spots up, 1 spot down, so i think we should be between 15-18
The NFC West has such a bad rep right now, the first team that showed up was the Cards at 18... time to prove the media wrong. Put or shut up. Big year for our nucleus.
Just like some of you say, we have to prove it first. The teams that our ahead of us has had ALOT or more success than us consistently over the last 4-5 years.. I rather have us ranked at the end of the middle of the pack and have us finish in the top 12 this season.. The talent is there, we just have win more than 8 games and make the playoffs first before we are mentioned in the top of the pack during pre-season..
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If we were in any other division in football we wouldn't be considered as a playoff contender.

We're the best team in a bad division. The only problem I see with the rankings is we should be ahead of Arizona, Seattle, and St Louis.

Well said.
screw East coast sports network. they also said we had no run game when we ran from shot gun when accually we did better. they dont know or care about west coast greatness but wait for ''the inconvienient truth ''and at the end of the year and they will be eating crow.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If we were in any other division in football we wouldn't be considered as a playoff contender.

We're the best team in a bad division. The only problem I see with the rankings is we should be ahead of Arizona, Seattle, and St Louis.

Well said.

I cant agree with that b.c looking at ANY of the divisions, I dont see why we couldnt go 3-3/4-2 in a top division.. I TRULY believe, and although alot of us have had HIGH expectations the last few years and havent dont s**t.. I truly believe that NO one in the NFC can SURELY beat us, and thats a great feeling where i havent felt like that in the past
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by bornaniner:
Didn't. The saints. Win coming off a 8-8 ?

I. would like to. answer you, mr...spock! but we are. going. through a. wormhole!!

Easy tiger was on the mobile !!!!! Sh*t happens LOL!
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
I don't care what FOX has to say about anything. And that includes non-sports stuff.

enuff said
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

Well said.

I cant agree with that b.c looking at ANY of the divisions, I dont see why we couldnt go 3-3/4-2 in a top division.. I TRULY believe, and although alot of us have had HIGH expectations the last few years and havent dont s**t.. I truly believe that NO one in the NFC can SURELY beat us, and thats a great feeling where i havent felt like that in the past

I agree with you, but the case in point where I agreed with the previous poster was, the fact that the rankings should have us at LEAST ahead of the other teams in our division.

He also said, we wouldn't be "considered" a playoff contender in any other division, and I think he is right, relative to popularity; not necessarily reality.

In reality, I think the sky is the limit for this team, I said that last year too. But the caveat is that we need to have good play from the RT position. That same caveat holds true this year as well. I think we can be a great team, but as far as perception goes, we certainly don't "deserve" to be considered as anything great at the moment. I've said it till blue in the face, it all depends upon the right tackle position more than anything else. I believe Smith can be pretty good IF he is given good time in the pocket.

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

Well said.

I agree with you, but the case in point where I agreed with the previous poster was, the fact that the rankings should have us at LEAST ahead of the other teams in our division.

He also said, we wouldn't be "considered" a playoff contender in any other division, and I think he is right, relative to popularity; not necessarily reality.

In reality, I think the sky is the limit for this team, I said that last year too. But the caveat is that we need to have good play from the RT position. That same caveat holds true this year as well. I think we can be a great team, but as far as perception goes, we certainly don't "deserve" to be considered as anything great at the moment. I've said it till blue in the face, it all depends upon the right tackle position more than anything else. I believe Smith can be pretty good IF he is given good time in the pocket.

Yeah, with consistent Oline play, the emergence of davis and Crabtree, alot with continuity with the offense, i dont see why Alex Cant have a 3,500yd 24td 14int 90 QB rat season
Who cares? This kind of crap will happen every week of the season unless the Niners put it all together on the field. It means absolutely nothing.
  • themangenius
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I just REALLY don't like that we're below Arizona when they lost their vocal leaders on offense (Kurt Warner), on defense (Karlos Dansby), a great secondary player (Antrel Rolle), and a beast of a WR (Anquan Boldin). I am okay at being in the late teens because truly our offense is very young, raw, and our QB still needs to prove himself. Once TC and Preseason roll around and everyone sees our attitude, physicality, and motivation.. we will go higher teens. Then as the season rolls around and we beat SEA on the road and upset the Saints in primetime, we'll be top 10.

Go Niners!!

Pass that pipe this way
WOW HATERS.....we are still the favorite in our division according to almost EVERY ranking. I guess by their flaved logic.....when the vikings got Favre WHY SHOULD THEY BE FAVORED IN THE TOP 5 they "still have to prove they belong above 8-8 9-7 like us this year right........WRONG by their flawed logic.

Warner retired we are going at least 9-7 or better most likely even right now we have improved our team at it's weakest position, we should be at least around 13-15 range AHEAD of the Cards. NO RESPECT.

And for all of you that want to say earn it....well a team like the vikings did not when they got Favre and EVERYONE knew they would be better. Well same goes here. Warner is out the Niners are in. Done
Originally posted by elguapo:
WOW HATERS.....we are still the favorite in our division according to almost EVERY ranking. I guess by their flaved logic.....when the vikings got Favre WHY SHOULD THEY BE FAVORED IN THE TOP 5 they "still have to prove they belong above 8-8 9-7 like us this year right........WRONG by their flawed logic.

Warner retired we are going at least 9-7 or better most likely even right now we have improved our team at it's weakest position, we should be at least around 13-15 range AHEAD of the Cards. NO RESPECT.

And for all of you that want to say earn it....well a team like the vikings did not when they got Favre and EVERYONE knew they would be better. Well same goes here. Warner is out the Niners are in. Done

Vikings won their division the year before and the only thing they were missing was a QB. Insert Brett Favre and a Minnesota is a contender. Before the season it was said that if Childress didn't get to the NFC title game he was going to be fired. Turns out he got the extension after the Vikings started 11-1 or something like that. Point being they were considered a contender from day 1.

If we were in any division other than the West we would be the Jets, the Panthers, the Dolphins or the Ravens. Not a division winner. Yeah if we make the playoffs we can do some damage, but there's a really thin line between 9-7 and in the playoffs and 9-7 and watching the playoffs. Say what you want about the Jets but if the Colts actually played their starters in week 16 the Jets are sitting at home. Look at the Panthers. That was dangerous team late in the season and would have been threat to anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone