LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Santa Clara Stadium Poll Favors Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Check out the link below.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=7405453
well as a non-bay area resident, it will be interesting to see what happens on june 8th, as an outsider i want to see the niners with a state of the art facility, but i understand the tax payers point of view
Originally posted by crabman82:
well as a non-bay area resident, it will be interesting to see what happens on june 8th, as an outsider i want to see the niners with a state of the art facility, but i understand the tax payers point of view

I share the same regards, for a 49ers fan it means not having to share a stadium with the Raiders, and for a non-49ers Santa Clara resident a tax spike.

This is literally our last stand, cause whether 49ers fans (living within the city/outskirts itself who attend games at the Stick) choose to accept it or not, the liberal/stubborn one-dimensional majority of San Fransisco would rather construct 50-yard acres of solar panels/wind turbines than agree to spend tax money on a new football stadium (whether or not it's for the team itself that made that city famous for what it is today in the first place).

My only beef with all of this though is the parking situation (and because of that we'll never probably see another MNF game again).

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 27, 2010 at 23:16:44 ]

As a prior Bay Area resident, I want the Niners to have a state of the art facility, but I still can't accept them moving to Santa Clara. Just vote Newsome out of office and do the Hunter's point, or other, SF plan.
No to Hunters point. If SF wants it, they should do it right (and safe). I hope Santa Clara voters let it pass so we can finally get this s**t done.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No to Hunters point. If SF wants it, they should do it right (and safe). I hope Santa Clara voters let it pass so we can finally get this s**t done.

Yeah, Hunter's point is a f**king dump. The ultimate audible/endgame strategy would be demolishing the old stick and building a new one over that zone (and playing games at Stanford or Oakland in the meantime).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I share the same regards, for a 49ers fan it means not having to share a stadium with the Raiders, and for a non-49ers Santa Clara resident a tax spike.

This is literally our last stand, cause whether 49ers fans (living within the city/outskirts itself who attend games at the Stick) choose to accept it or not, the liberal/stubborn one-dimensional majority of San Fransisco would rather construct 50-yard acres of solar panels/wind turbines than agree to spend tax money on a new football stadium (whether or not it's for the team itself that made that city famous for what it is today in the first place).

My only beef with all of this though is the parking situation (and because of that we'll never probably see another MNF game again).

It is not just the so-called liberals. The anti-tax conservative types are at least as responsible. Remember their role in blocking various Giants stadium deals. The only difference is that the right-wingers wouldn't want the solar installation either.

The Progressive answer is to use the panels as a roof over the parking lot and to incorporate windmills into the design of an innovative and interesting stadium design. It is being done all around the world. The power generated would be used to power the entire Hunter's Point area and the profits would pay for the stadium.

The Yorks would pay rent. Oh, while we are fantasizing, hell, just send them scurrying away and install The Steve Young and Friends group. We would all be a lot happier, wouldn't we?
so i am not in the know of this stadium vote so can someone tell me if the 49ers win the vote on june 8th, is that the end and they stadium will be built? or are there more hoops to jump through post june 8th?
so i am not in the know of this stadium vote so can someone tell me if the 49ers win the vote on june 8th, is that the end and they stadium will be built? or are there more hoops to jump through post june 8th?

Still more hoops, dude, but it will go a long way.

p.s. - Hey Crabman.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Still more hoops, dude, but it will go a long way.

p.s. - Hey Crabman.

ARRG...

Why is it so complicated. I know there are procedural reasons and steps that have to be followed, but we have a shovel ready stadium project here in L.A. and we don't even have a damn football team.

I'm not familiar with Santa Clara and didn't really like the idea of moving there instead of keeping the stadium in San Francisco. But now I don't care. If it will keep the team close San Francisco, I'm now all for the Santa Clara project.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 29, 2010 at 14:31:37 ]

I better start calling by the new name "Santa Clara Niners"
Originally posted by sixbricks:
I better start calling by the new name "Santa Clara Niners"

I don't know how reliable these numbers are. The 49ers have a lot of money and they could easily manipulate or skew studies like this. From what I can tell, the Santa Clara proposal is horribly unpopular outside of the 49ers fan community.

Plan on hearing the phrase "Los Angeles 49ers" in the near future.
Originally posted by area49:
I don't know how reliable these numbers are. The 49ers have a lot of money and they could easily manipulate or skew studies like this. From what I can tell, the Santa Clara proposal is horribly unpopular outside of the 49ers fan community.

Plan on hearing the phrase "Los Angeles 49ers" in the near future.

we get it, you're from LA well, keep dreaming, cos your getting the faiders back instead....
GOD is a Niners fan so it will be built! Bank it!
Share 49ersWebzone