LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Anthony Davis free throw line dunk story

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5125028

Quote:
At a team get-together at the coach's house, Davis picked up a basketball and looked as if he were a jumbo jet taking off from Newark.

"He takes a basketball from just over the free throw line, a la Michael Jordan, and extend dunks it," Schiano said.

From just over the free throw line? He dunked it?

"I was shocked," Schiano said of Davis, who received basketball letters from Marquette and Arkansas, among others. "There is no 325-pound man on the planet who can do that."

they gotta have this on tape somewhere
Unfortunately, Olineman don't need to jump.

[ Edited by smithgdwg on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:28:37 ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

This... and d-ends don't need to do 16 backflips in a row nor do FB's need to run through walls nor DL need to jump out of pools

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:42:55 ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

This... and d-ends don't need to do 16 backflips in a row nor do FB's need to run through walls nor DL need to jump out of pools

Actually, if the FB can run through walls... that could help.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

No, but the ability to jump shows that they have the athletic potential to be explosive out of their stance.

It would be one thing if Davis didn't have good film, but according to everything I've read he has great film, especially in pass protection.

Anyway... can't you just be impressed by an amazing athletic display?
dont believe it until i see it with my own eyes
sweet the bulls need to give him a call
Originally posted by 49erWill:
i wanna see

lol, would be a sight to see

liars. That's physically impossible. Unless he was dunking on a Jordan Jammer.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He's no Dwight Howard

FYI - Jumping is a measure of explosion. That's why they have it at the combine.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:

FYI - Jumping is a measure of explosion. That's why they have it at the combine.

I realize that, but Anthony Davis wasn't exactly elite in any strength or explosion category at the combine. He was arguably the most pedestrian of all the top 6 OT's picked

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 27, 2010 at 15:15:52 ]
Davis had the 4rd best vertical at the combine including beter than Combine princess Bruce Cambell...Out of the top four tackles he was second only to Trent williams who had the highest of all with 34.5(Davis was 33)
Share 49ersWebzone