There are 230 users in the forums

3 way dance in NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You have to say that after the draft and still in FA . . . . the NFC West can no longer be considered a 1 horse race. All teams drafted well. The only team that wont make the race is the Rams because of their rookie QB and the rookie QB trend in the NFL. That wont last long though.

The NFC West teams have really acquired well the landscape has changed dramatically! In a few years time we will see this years drafts, FA signing and trades come to fruit. It will be one hell of an arm wrestle.
Originally posted by m04607:
No way in Hell the NFC West gets 2 teams in.

x2.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
very classy fans in that thread, AZ and SEA fans.

All 3 teams are gonna be good this yr, I can honestly see 2 teams out of the west this yr.

With McNabb in WASH and Kolb starting in PHILLY, i dont see Philly and even WASH making the playoffs.

I see this happening.

North= Vikes and Packers
West= Niners and Seahawks
East= Cowboys
South= Saints

Of course this may not be the case, but its my opinion.

I can see Atlanta stepping up, with Ryan and Turner 100%

Very classy indeed, unlike the webzone. "F* the seachickens! F* the st. louis lambs! F* the cardinals! we're ghetto in the bay. yadadamean.
f**k THE SEAHAWKS
f**k THE CARDINALS
f**k THE RAMS
3? Uh with Lionheart over in Zona, come on now, and Dansby is gone, and Boldin, come on now. They'll finish 3rd, barring a fluke. Seattle is the favorite right now after their draft and picking up Ben Hamilton, and the fact they have a QB(s), and we don't.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
3? Uh with Lionheart over in Zona, come on now, and Dansby is gone, and Boldin, come on now. They'll finish 3rd, barring a fluke. Seattle is the favorite right now after their draft and picking up Ben Hamilton, and the fact they have a QB(s), and we don't.

The WRs are old and aint gonna do s**t. The Qb is injury prone and the back up that they traded for has never attempted a pass in the NFL. the RBs are fat ass Lendale White and Leon Washingotn who is coming off an awful injury.

Yes they had an awesome draft even the best draft but they are expecting the rookies to contribute a lot and that just doesnt happen

Sf and Az are the favorites
seattle is depending on rookies, how do they even know russell okung will play better than anthony davis? washington picked t williams #4 cus they feel he fits their zone blocking scheme better than okung, but seattle is attempting to play the exact same scheme and are depending on the player washington didnt want
Originally posted by valrod33:

The WRs are old and aint gonna do s**t. The Qb is injury prone and the back up that they traded for has never attempted a pass in the NFL. the RBs are fat ass Lendale White and Leon Washingotn who is coming off an awful injury.

Yes they had an awesome draft even the best draft but they are expecting the rookies to contribute a lot and that just doesnt happen

Arizona barely won the division the 2 years, and now they have Lionheart and no Dansby and no Boldin. Hasselback is injury prone cuz Walter jones was injury prone and Sean Lockear is a chump. TJ, Golden Tate, and John Carlson isn't bad, plus with Washington who is on schedule to be Leon Washington again is quick as hell and can take hits. And Whitehurst is probably better then our moronic QB anyway, at this rate who isn't well, I guess Lionheart which again shows you Zona's lil fluke at the top is over. And we don't have a QB, the best we can do is do is what Carolina did a couple years ago and stumble into the Playoffs with a moronic QB and get beat in the first round cuz of our moronic QB. Uggh Alex Smith trying to figure out how to throw against Earl Thomas and pick 6 machine Josh Wilson that's gonna be fun................................

[ Edited by waiting4number6 on Apr 27, 2010 at 15:20:53 ]

Arizona barely won the division the 2 years, and now they have Lionheart and no Dansby and no Boldin. Hasselback is injury prone cuz Walter jones was injury prone and Sean Lockear is a chump. TJ, Golden Tate, and John Carlson isn't bad, plus with Washington who is on schedule to be Leon Washington again is quick as hell and can take hits. And Whitehurst is probably better then our moronic QB anyway, at this rate who isn't well, I guess Lionheart which again shows you Zona's lil fluke at the top is over. And we don't have a QB, the best we can do is do is what Carolina did a couple years ago and stumble into the Playoffs with a moronic QB and get beat in the first round cuz of our moronic QB. Uggh Alex Smith trying to figure out how to throw against Earl Thomas and pick 6 machine Josh Wilson that's gonna be fun................................

i must have missed his several pro bowl appearances, cus anyone refered to as a pick 6 machine would be in the pro bowl

Originally posted by crabman82:

i must have missed his several pro bowl appearances, cus anyone refered to as a pick 6 machine would be in the pro bowl

THat's all he does though that's why he ain't in the Pro Bowl, he has great hands and return ability, not cover and tackling skills.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sorry im not buying Seattle. Ask Patriots fans about Pete Carroll, he stinks. The only recognizable player on their OL and DL is their rookie Russell Okung. When you have an injury prone QB behind a shoddy line he's gonna get killed.

Seattle was what 4-12? I think they go 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

My predictions are:
49ers - 10-6
Cardinals - 9-7
Seattle 7-9
St. Louis 4-12

I sure hope your wrong because this has us playing that last game of the season for the division......hopefully we can have the division wrapped up before week 17.
Seahawks4ever says:

Quote:
It's the O-line in SF that should be concerning everyone in AZ and Sea.

Remember how crushingly dominate the Seahawks were when the whole left side of the their line went to the pro bowl? We ran what we wanted, when we wanted, to the left. And as far as getting to Hass' blindside. . . fuhget about it.

They drafted 2 stud Lineman in 1 draft. Just a few picks apart. You watch, this Iupati guy is the next Hutch. He has insane quickness for a man his size. I heard Golic (who knows a thing or two about trench war in the NFL) say, "watch him pull, get out in space, and maul people." That's every coaches dream, to have an Oline that "mauls" people.

Sure, their D is good, but how much better will they be when their O holds the ball for 35 minutes a game.

"Alex Smith sucks" you say. . . How good do you have to be when the only passes you throw are on 3rd and 2. And those passes are going to Vernon Davis and Crabtree. I think everyone was surprised at how well Crabs played at the end of last year. Now, give him a year of OTA's, a TC, and the preseason.

The best hope for this year is rookie mistakes by the new franchise LT and G in SF. Even Big Walt, and Hutch had a learning curve. But for 2011 and beyond. . . heck the 2nd half of 2010, look out.

The Cards may be the defending champs, and The Hawks may have won the offseason, but for my money, the team to beat in the NFCW is the 49ers.
_

this dude knows his s**t.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by m04607:
No way in Hell the NFC West gets 2 teams in.

x2.

x3
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sorry im not buying Seattle. Ask Patriots fans about Pete Carroll, he stinks. The only recognizable player on their OL and DL is their rookie Russell Okung. When you have an injury prone QB behind a shoddy line he's gonna get killed.

Seattle was what 4-12? I think they go 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

My predictions are:
49ers - 10-6
Cardinals - 9-7
Seattle 7-9
St. Louis 4-12

Seattle is one of the worst teams in the league right now. They couldn't do anything good by the time the season ended last year. They couldn't run the ball or pass the ball worth a s**t. They couldn't defend the run worth a s**t, and they were in the worst 2-3 at pass defense. So now they got themselves a rookie Safety...well I will tell you what here.....that rookie is going to be running his ass off chasing s**t down every Sunday because they have no pass rush (again), and teams are going to attack attack attack the s**t out of that piss poor secondary. The best plan they can come up with is using Curry in the elephant position. This is the much hyped man beast QB killer who ended up being benched last year. Who the f**k is going to be scared of that? It's not going to work...that dline has about one piece that is worth keeping at this point, and that is Mebane...otherwise (and I'm sure Carroll has it in his long term plans) the whole damn starting lineup needs to be scrapped.

The o-line is a mish mash of oft injured mediocrity with the exception of the untested rookie Okung. The running attack is only as good as the f**ked o-line they have, as well as the the coming off of major injury RB's. And even then, teams are still going to be able to tee off on the run like last year and stuff it back up their asses because.... their receiving corps essentially consists of a good possession receiver and a damn fine TE that is having to spend his time protecting his QB instead of running routes. That's it, besides the rookie Tate, who ain't never, ever gonna be a true number 1 receiver in this league (maybe a damn fine possession receiver). They lost their best receiver to FA, and even then, he was just another possession receiver on a roster chock full of mediocre possession receiver's (save Huzeyomama, who is a good possession receiver).

Seattle lacks talent, and lots of it. They aren't anywhere near being fixed. Maybe in a few years they might be ready to be consistent winner's, with enough talent if everything goes well for them, and even then.... that talent is going to be young and they will need time to gel, to come together as a team, another year at least to do that. The chances of them ending the year with 2 less wins than last year is about the same as them picking 2 more, and, once again, they are going to need absolutely everything to break for them to get those two more. Highly unlikely to happen.

If I was abetting man, I wouldn't be quick to pick the Hawks to finish over the Rams this year. The chances are about even for each that one or the other will finish last in the division this year, IMHO.

The most they are going to improve over last year is 2 wins, and they are going to have to have everything break their way to get that.

[ Edited by Blitz on Apr 27, 2010 at 15:48:49 ]
Share 49ersWebzone