LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

3 way dance in NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like what that seahawk fan had to say... thoughts?
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=49754
very classy fans in that thread, AZ and SEA fans.

All 3 teams are gonna be good this yr, I can honestly see 2 teams out of the west this yr.

With McNabb in WASH and Kolb starting in PHILLY, i dont see Philly and even WASH making the playoffs.

I see this happening.

North= Vikes and Packers
West= Niners and Seahawks
East= Cowboys
South= Saints

Of course this may not be the case, but its my opinion.

I can see Atlanta stepping up, with Ryan and Turner 100%
My bad i should've posted this in the "Have we lost our edge" thread. Feel free to merge mods.
I think that their comments were realistic. We will have a learning curve. It will be important that Solari speed that learning curve up so that we are ready to go. I think the difficult one will be Rachal. If he can get it we will have a dynamite Oline. Staley is good, Iupati will be sheltered by Staley and Heitmann, and the great question will be Davis out on the island. If Rachal can help him and protect him while being consistent himself we will have some quality plays by our Oline. The Oline will set the stage for all of the rest of the offense.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

All 3 teams are gonna be good this yr, I can honestly see 2 teams out of the west this yr.

With McNabb in WASH and Kolb starting in PHILLY, i dont see Philly and even WASH making the playoffs.

I see this happening.

North= Vikes and Packers
East= Cowboys
South= Saints

no way 2 teams come out of the west, best case scenario is the team that wins the west wins about 11 games but no chance a 2nd nfc west team makes the playoffs
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I see this happening.

North= Vikes and Packers
East= Cowboys
South= Saints

no way 2 teams come out of the west, best case scenario is the team that wins the west wins about 11 games but no chance a 2nd nfc west team makes the playoffs

co sign that with the qb's in the NFC west you just can't jump out there and claim 2 teams will make the playoffs.
The seahawks had a great draft but they are expecting the rookies to perform big time.

Who is gonna be quarterback the now injury prone hasselb***h or the guy who has never thrown a pass in a regular season game.

Leon Washington is coming off a major leg injury, how is he gonna respond? Lendale White please.

the seahawks will be good in a couple of years but this years its between Us and the Cards.
Originally posted by valrod33:
The seahawks had a great draft but they are expecting the rookies to perform big time.

Who is gonna be quarterback the now injury prone hasselb***h or the guy who has never thrown a pass in a regular season game.

Leon Washington is coming off a major leg injury, how is he gonna respond? Lendale White please.

the seahawks will be good in a couple of years but this years its between Us and the Cards.

this is seattles problem, if u listen to their fan base they say the last 2 years they have been the most injured team at key positions in the nfl, it may be true or may not be true, but take a look at their depth chart across the board, its like they expect zero injuries this year, i know FA isnt done yet but man they have no depth on the o-line, d-line or secondary

this is seattles problem, if u listen to their fan base they say the last 2 years they have been the most injured team at key positions in the nfl, it may be true or may not be true, but take a look at their depth chart across the board, its like they expect zero injuries this year, i know FA isnt done yet but man they have no depth on the o-line, d-line or secondary

Hey crabman....hehe, never gets old...

I agree, they look good and expect their rookies to pan out like veterans, but they're putting a lot of lofty expectations on their team. Like you said, Washington and White are not the only answers at RB (though could be one nasty 1-2 punch), especially with Forsett and Jones still there and even more with Washington's broken leg. I expect Jones to be cut very soon.

Also, yes their WR/TE core looks pretty good, but their QB can't get them the ball if he's on his back in 2 seconds b/c the lack of an OL. Okung can't play the whole left side from Tackle to center, and why does everyone think he'll be Walter Jones good this season? He's still a rookie!!!!

Finally, who in the hell do they think is gonna be their pass rush? Redding? Tatupu? Hill? Curry? I don't see a pass rush and Thomas may be good, but we got a WR who flat out embarrassed him on a regular basis at Texas (*insert Crabtree TD video collage here*), so don't expect their secondary to be flawless.

As much as I love my niners, it's still Arizona's division to lose until we claim it ourselves. We have the line and the defense for a playoff team, now we need the consistent offense to match it.

Oh, and to all of you who bash Raye for his stubborn running attack, go watch some tape of KC and the Jets when he ran their offenses. If those teams had half of our defensive talent, they would've been AFC championship contenders every year b/c his offense was damn good...

I have high hopes, but know our team needs to be brought together before we "crown them" as NFC West Champs
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Sorry im not buying Seattle. Ask Patriots fans about Pete Carroll, he stinks. The only recognizable player on their OL and DL is their rookie Russell Okung. When you have an injury prone QB behind a shoddy line he's gonna get killed.

Seattle was what 4-12? I think they go 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

My predictions are:
49ers - 10-6
Cardinals - 9-7
Seattle 7-9
St. Louis 4-12

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Hey crabman....hehe, never gets old...

I agree, they look good and expect their rookies to pan out like veterans, but they're putting a lot of lofty expectations on their team. Like you said, Washington and White are not the only answers at RB (though could be one nasty 1-2 punch), especially with Forsett and Jones still there and even more with Washington's broken leg. I expect Jones to be cut very soon.

Also, yes their WR/TE core looks pretty good, but their QB can't get them the ball if he's on his back in 2 seconds b/c the lack of an OL. Okung can't play the whole left side from Tackle to center, and why does everyone think he'll be Walter Jones good this season? He's still a rookie!!!!

Finally, who in the hell do they think is gonna be their pass rush? Redding? Tatupu? Hill? Curry? I don't see a pass rush and Thomas may be good, but we got a WR who flat out embarrassed him on a regular basis at Texas (*insert Crabtree TD video collage here*), so don't expect their secondary to be flawless.
As much as I love my niners, it's still Arizona's division to lose until we claim it ourselves. We have the line and the defense for a playoff team, now we need the consistent offense to match it.

Oh, and to all of you who bash Raye for his stubborn running attack, go watch some tape of KC and the Jets when he ran their offenses. If those teams had half of our defensive talent, they would've been AFC championship contenders every year b/c his offense was damn good...

I have high hopes, but know our team needs to be brought together before we "crown them" as NFC West Champs

seahawk fans seem to think lawrence jackson and curry are gonna abuse qb's all day lol corey redding left for baltimore, and if u go on their forum they brag like last and this years late round d-lineman are gonna be good starters, they must think earl thomas can cover for 12 seconds
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sorry im not buying Seattle. Ask Patriots fans about Pete Carroll, he stinks. The only recognizable player on their OL and DL is their rookie Russell Okung. When you have an injury prone QB behind a shoddy line he's gonna get killed.

My predictions are:
49ers - 10-6
Cardinals - 9-7
Seattle 7-9
St. Louis 4-12

I like 10-6 or higher. Our great task is to sweep the West and win our winnable games at home. I can see 10-6 or even higher if we can develop consistency. I am not worried about any of the other teams in the west.

I agree with this, the Seahawks will be pretty good in a few years. The Cardinals will decline unless Leinart steps up, they have some good players in key positions, but they need to sort out their Oline and QB play.

The 49ers have to step up now and improve each season, we have drastically improved the talent on the roster and I want to see it continue, or we could fall behind. Gone are the years when an average team could walk the NFC West (I hope lol)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

My predictions are:
49ers - 10-6
Cardinals - 9-7
Seattle 7-9
St. Louis 4-12

I like 10-6 or higher. Our great task is to sweep the West and win our winnable games at home. I can see 10-6 or even higher if we can develop consistency. I am not worried about any of the other teams in the west.

I used to be worried playing Arizona, but with no more Warner and Boldin they dont scare me anymore. We need to go 5-3 in our first 8 games. If we do then we should definitely reach 10-6 or 11-5.

I think like last year we will go 5-1 in the West.
No way in Hell the NFC West gets 2 teams in.
Share 49ersWebzone