LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Will we appear in the NFC Championship?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we appear in the NFC Championship?

I am excited about this year. I think with Smith in yr.2 will excell better than anyone on the Zone has ever imagined. Just a hunch. This draft class has me feelin' warm and giddy all over.
This year: Win division, win wildcard game, lose in divisional round

Next Year: Championship!
I expect us to go to the superbowl EVERY YEAR, Even when Cedrick Wilson and Curtis Conway were our starting receivers, I still expect to win every game, guess I'm a hardcore fan, I'm not realistic at times, but I go all out every year for our team
Not only will we win the NFC Championship game, we will win the Superbowl.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Not only will we win the NFC Championship game, we will win the Superbowl.

Now THAT is what I like to hear
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I expect us to go to the superbowl EVERY YEAR, Even when Cedrick Wilson and Curtis Conway were our starting receivers, I still expect to win every game, guess I'm a hardcore fan, I'm not realistic at times, but I go all out every year for our team

I admire you for that. I hope for a championship every year, but I simply cannot bring myself to expect it. I already invest an unhealthy amount of time and emotion into this team. If I went into every season with genuine championship expectations I'd probably die of heart failure before I hit 35. It sucks being realistic, but over the last 7 years I have learned self preservation without sacrificing loyalty.
If we make the playoffs, I expect the typical second round and done scenario. I don't see this team sniffing a NFC Championship appearance or Super Bowl win anytime soon.
every year for the next 5 years
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
If we make the playoffs, I expect the typical second round and done scenario. I don't see this team sniffing a NFC Championship appearance or Super Bowl win anytime soon.

Not with our coaching staff. Jimmy Raye would get exposed badly deep in the playoffs.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:

I admire you for that. I hope for a championship every year, but I simply cannot bring myself to expect it. I already invest an unhealthy amount of time and emotion into this team. If I went into every season with genuine championship expectations I'd probably die of heart failure before I hit 35. It sucks being realistic, but over the last 7 years I have learned self preservation without sacrificing loyalty.

Well I made it to 40 ...But I gotta admit, the Dennis Erickson era almost did me in, and I have YET to recover from the Roger Craig fumble against the Giants, dont think I will ever get over that game, being a hardcore fan is a big risk emotionally, leaves you with a scar one in awhile.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hype machine is in over drive.
Brother, I panned the whole thing out in the 2010 schedule thread. We're gonna go 13-3. Win the division, earn a bye, but like the other sudden 13-3 teams of the last decade (01' Bears, 06' Ravens, 08' Titans) we will lose in the divisional round of the playoffs at home.

This team is on the cusp, I mean really close. Going to need to experience the pressures of the big time first hand before we are ready to overcome them though.
The rams were there in 02, the seahawks in 06, and the cardinals in 09, so I think we're about ready to make our run, but it all comes down to how our QB plays.....so let's hope smith lights it up!
I want us to be the NYJ of last year and take it all the way to play the Cowboys in their house for the NFC Championship. Beat them and come back next week to play again at their house for the SB, rubbing their faces in it.

OMG, how cool would that be? A sea of Red-n-Gold celebrating their team's SuperBowl berth in the house that Jerry built.

'Fan' is short for 'Fanatic' so your perspective is completely reasonable.
Share 49ersWebzone