There are 189 users in the forums

2010 Draft Class Highlight Video (Picks 13, 17 & 49)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TheCatchIII
  • Info N/A
Dang Iupati had like 6 pancakes in this clip
Iupati is a beast. Everytime some one touches him someone always gets hurt on the defensive side. That guy is nasty.
Anybody else see Iupati just level Rey Mauluaga at 1:50?
at the end of the vid Iupati chucks a DT like he was nothin.

btw those QBs had all day.....
that was alllllllllll iupati
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Our first three picks get me pumped every time I think about them, hard to say which one is my favorite. Iupati's mauling was something we were definitely missing on our OL. And how Davis just walls off defenders and drives them outta the play, I just don't see that in Staley. And Mays, I love this pick for numerous reasons, I love it how Lott is his mentor, I love it that he fell to the 49th pick. We now have two animals at Safety. Let Mays adjust and get comfortable in this defense, he will not disappoint.
Mays is a BEAST. Iupati is a MONSTER. And Davis... well, he seems like a nice guy.

[ Edited by Rhino_So on Apr 26, 2010 at 20:28:28 ]
Lupati's block at 1:50

what a monster...
f**k THIS s**t IM PUMPEDDDDDD
WOW!!!! iupati is a f**king animal. im having visions of smith having tom brady pocket time like he did in his record setting yr in 07

• HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
I think I'm getting an Iupati jersey. WOW
Originally posted by HearstStiffarm:
I think I'm getting an Iupati jersey. WOW

+1
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Wasn't very flattering for Davis. I could hardly see him.

Yeah, shame cause he is awesome, Iupati and Mays though

I hope you are right. Iupati looks great, Mays looks great, but I can't find any great video of our top pick. I don't know why they like Davis so much. The limited video tape doesn't look great. His 40 time was slow ~4.3. His shuttle times were average at best. He had problems at school. He got beat for ~6.5 sacks in career. I don't understand why they love him so much.
f**king awesome!
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Wasn't very flattering for Davis. I could hardly see him.

Yeah, shame cause he is awesome, Iupati and Mays though

I hope you are right. Iupati looks great, Mays looks great, but I can't find any great video of our top pick. I don't know why they like Davis so much. The limited video tape doesn't look great. His 40 time was slow ~4.3. His shuttle times were average at best. He had problems at school. He got beat for ~6.5 sacks in career. I don't understand why they love him so much.

Because he's only 20 and he's huge already and is a mauler. Plus if you look at his videos he actually pass protects really well. A lot of draft experts had him as the most TALENTED lineman in the draft. Besides, 40 time doesn't really matter at all for lineman. Running the 40 is an art and its something you have to practice a lot. Trust me, the guy will be a good player.

After watching that video, the main guy who you notice on every play is Iupati. I was weary of taking a small school guy before the draft but after watching Idaho's bowl game and then watching the highlight video, and also in the senior bowl practices, dude's a friggin beast(even though he didn't look great in the senior bowl itself cuz he was playing at RT at times). He stands out like every single play. He never gets beat by the DT, he's just crushing guys to the ground on running plays, he can move around too. I think our backs are really going to enjoy running behind this guy. And the best thing about this pick is, with Davis and Staley as the tackle's, we don't have to worry about Iupati getting moved out of position to RT and he can play his best position which is LG. This guy might be the next Larry Allen, Hutchinson, or Faneca.
Share 49ersWebzone