LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Rachal vs Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Baas is definitely the better player. Rachal probably has better upside in that Baas has had some injury issues. Baas was a beast 2 years ago. last year he played hurt and wasn't as good. Rachal played ok at the end of the year. Neither is great.
Definitely Rachal.

He entered the draft too early to help out his family (father had health problems). So he was pretty raw and I think we saw at the end of last season that he was starting to pick up on the game and reach his potential.

I think this will be a breakout year for him.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Definitely Rachal.

He entered the draft too early to help out his family (father had health problems). So he was pretty raw and I think we saw at the end of last season that he was starting to pick up on the game and reach his potential.

I think this will be a breakout year for him.

I think you right!!! He has a lot more potential than Baas. Baas had his chances, Rachal is more physical in the run game and will learn to pick up the blitz and stunts. I think Baas is a better and more physical center than Heitman.

Can't wait to see our line 2010, Staley,Iupati,Heitman/Baas,Rachal, Davis and let's not forget the Best TE in the NFL MR V Davis. Damm run,run,run play action pass. It Sanchez can do it in NY anyone can
I think both Rachal and Baas are both more physically talented and are stronger than Heitman. Although Heitman has the experience, I would like Baas to eventually move to his old position as center. That was both Baas and Rachal can be on the field. Rachal still has a lot to prove, but he has shown signs of potential.

My Oline...

LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Baas
RG Rachal
RT A. Davis

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
So many things wrong with Chilo. First he tries to use only his upper body. Second his footwork is terrible and he always off balanced. Third I dont think he knows the plays because he always looks lost. Last but not least is he must of had his cojones surgically removed. What a big softie. He hates contact. He must be a lover cuz he aint no fighter. In the Pac10 he could bully smaller DL with his strength but that doesnt work in the NFL. Let him sit for a while. Baas sucks but he gives 100% every play.

Dude, Chilo is not soft. He's just a victim of Chris Foerester and his horrible coaching. He came out early and regressed from there. He looked like he was going to be a beast his rookie year.

He won't play soft with OL Coaches Solari and Ray watching...... His play will dictate starting or riding the pine........
  • dj43
Originally posted by sacniner:
I've heard a lot of people say Rachal has a higher upside than Baas. I'm not really a fan of either... although, I would like Rachal to get some more PT. Admittedly, he came out of USC too early. He would of liked to play his senior year, but his family situation made it tough. Anyway, he came in pretty raw and I think this year is huge for him.
The fact he will have two excellent position coaches will be a big help to him, and everyone else. Ray Brown alone should help Rachal develop his potential.

George Warhop and Chris Foerster were both lousy OL coaches. How Foerster got another job after he left here is ... Oh wait, it was the Redskins...
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
So many things wrong with Chilo. First he tries to use only his upper body. Second his footwork is terrible and he always off balanced. Third I dont think he knows the plays because he always looks lost. Last but not least is he must of had his cojones surgically removed. What a big softie. He hates contact. He must be a lover cuz he aint no fighter. In the Pac10 he could bully smaller DL with his strength but that doesnt work in the NFL. Let him sit for a while. Baas sucks but he gives 100% every play.

Dude, Chilo is not soft. He's just a victim of Chris Foerester and his horrible coaching. He came out early and regressed from there. He looked like he was going to be a beast his rookie year.

He won't play soft with OL Coaches Solari and Ray watching...... His play will dictate starting or riding the pine........

Having Raye watch has never stopped him playing like a girl before. I think he was a little better protected his rookie year behind a better line and a different scheme but he really folding when the niners tried to depend on him. Sing just rides out with certain players and will not give up on them. It has paid off before but I think its a waste on Charleen Rachel
Originally posted by mayo63:
Projected starting OL

LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Heitman
RG Rachal
RT Davis

* If Iupati or Rachal struggles, Baas will be the first to replace them.

I dont know enough about OL play, but why were Baas & Rachal so inconsistent?
Share 49ersWebzone