Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Wallace
RG Heitmann
RT Davis

i would go with that

Wallace? Is this some kind of joke?

Here is a question for you. How many NFL games has Wallace started in his career? Clue: the answer is zero.

Question: how many NFL games has Wallace played in? The answer is one.

And this is why he will not be our starting center. The position is too important to take gambles. Wragge. Even Baas.

yes, it was a joke.

but the way you responded, i hope it happens now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its been said that Iupati will "compete" against Baas for the starting job. However to me anyways I think Baas is a better player then Rachal. Rachal got his ass kicked all of last season, Baas while not a super star looks like a better player then Rachal.

mad dog 20/20 just posted stats showing heitman and rachal were the best two linemen.

The best at what?

Rachal was a turnstile last year. At least Bass wasn't acting like a bull fighter all the time.
Originally posted by English:
LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Wallace
RG Heitmann
RT Davis

i would go with that

Here is a question for you. How many NFL games has Wallace started in his career? Clue: the answer is zero.

And this is why he will not be our starting center. The position is too important to take gambles. Wragge. Even Baas.

yes, it was a joke.

I am sure you do.

Oh and ha ha at the joke.
LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Wallace
RG Heitmann
RT Davis

i would go with that

yes, it was a joke.

I am sure you do.

Oh and ha ha at the joke.

*crickets chirping*
Originally posted by mayo63:
Projected starting OL

LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Heitman
RG Rachal
RT Davis

I still can't believe that's our starting OL. I'm jacked, man!

same, this line is young and full of potential. If Rachel improves his play, and Iupati and Davis live up to their potential this could be one of the best lines in the NFL for a long time!
  • morghed
  • Info N/A
Wasn't Baas a center at Michigan- at least MOST or PART of career? I don't want him starting over Hietman, but could he be our future there? Probably too expensive to resign him as a question mark.
Originally posted by kunged:
Projected starting OL

LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Heitman
RG Rachal
RT Davis

I still can't believe that's our starting OL. I'm jacked, man!

same, this line is young and full of potential. If Rachel improves his play, and Iupati and Davis live up to their potential this could be one of the best lines in the NFL for a long time!

I hate to say this, but I can't help but to think of the Cowboys dominate line of the 90s. We have a lot of beef up front

btw, wouldn't this technically be Chilo's draft class? Was he a sophmore or Jr. when he came out?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 26, 2010 at 19:16:10 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Projected starting OL

LT Staley
LG Iupati
C Heitman
RG Rachal
RT Davis

* If Iupati or Rachal struggles, Baas will be the first to replace them.

Yeah, Baas is now the backup at OG and C.
So many things wrong with Chilo. First he tries to use only his upper body. Second his footwork is terrible and he always off balanced. Third I dont think he knows the plays because he always looks lost. Last but not least is he must of had his cojones surgically removed. What a big softie. He hates contact. He must be a lover cuz he aint no fighter. In the Pac10 he could bully smaller DL with his strength but that doesnt work in the NFL. Let him sit for a while. Baas sucks but he gives 100% every play.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
So many things wrong with Chilo. First he tries to use only his upper body. Second his footwork is terrible and he always off balanced. Third I dont think he knows the plays because he always looks lost. Last but not least is he must of had his cojones surgically removed. What a big softie. He hates contact. He must be a lover cuz he aint no fighter. In the Pac10 he could bully smaller DL with his strength but that doesnt work in the NFL. Let him sit for a while. Baas sucks but he gives 100% every play.

Dude, Chilo is not soft. He's just a victim of Chris Foerester and his horrible coaching. He came out early and regressed from there. He looked like he was going to be a beast his rookie year.

another susweel fail thread

Baas over Chilo
Originally posted by susweel:
I think they are trying to make Rachal the man because he is signed for a longer deal. If Baas was to start and looked good they would have to pay more.

Bingo!

-Not to mention he was dangled out on a 'franchise tender' at the beginning of the off-season. Our FO was pretty straight-forward on replacing him with either a FA acquisition (like Chester Pitts), or the decisive/likely strategy of picking up Iupati at #17 (which is now set in stone).
If Rachel doesn't improve on his "LOOK OUT" blocks his butt is going to be going to the pine next year if not sooner.
  • dj43
Rachal graded our very well in the final four games last season. Baas also showed some improvement after his foot fully healed but even then, he did not show the agility needed to be a big-time guard in this league. He doesn't seem to have the recognition needed to play center and make blocking calls. I think he winds up settling for backup pay or he leaves. He will have to have a VERY much improved season to stay with the 49ers in 2011.
I've heard a lot of people say Rachal has a higher upside than Baas. I'm not really a fan of either... although, I would like Rachal to get some more PT. Admittedly, he came out of USC too early. He would of liked to play his senior year, but his family situation made it tough. Anyway, he came in pretty raw and I think this year is huge for him.
Share 49ersWebzone