LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Better in our camp than the Titan's. this way we'll never know how he stacked up against the other RB's.
Bount wasn't going to make this team anyway.

Anthony Dixon is the better prospect because he led the SEC (teams that include Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, etc.) in rushing yards.
Unless his agent leaked the word, maybe,we should have actually signed him to a contract before announcing it. IF we wanted him that bad?
i kinda liked the idea of having that guy that punched the other guy in the mouth on our team, but with Anthony Dixon on his way in, Blount probably would have been snatched up from our practice squad anyway.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I mean seriously. Can't the sportswriters start speculating on all the other talent and the rest of the draftees? Why is the top story failing to sign a guy who had a .009% chance of becoming the starter on this team and was going to have to dog it out with two other backs to be the#2 man? Heck we drafted his clone Dixon. I don't think this says anything other than he felt, correctly, that he had a much better shot in Tennessee, who is looking to use him to plug a decent sized hole left by Lendale White. He may go on to become a great back. Yet somehow I think the odds of that are much higher in an actual 1-2 punch offense than in a "give Frank Gore a breather" role.

I'm thrilled he's not a niner. Let someone else deal with that punk.
Do you have any idea what kind of hit the Bail Bond industry is going to take without Blount in town?
Yeah because hes gonna be really good one day and we could have had him.
Go watch Dixon's run against Houston, it'll make everyone forget Blount very quickly.
i was a little disappointed. i was hoping to keep 4 RB's on the roster.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

ok homer

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Well the Pats did the same when they stole Gary Guyton and he ended up starting for them.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

ok homer

just wait and see, ill come back in 4 years to revisit this thread to prove you wrong
No, Dixon is better anyway.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
we dont need Blount!

...do we?
I don't really care but I do think he should have gone to the Raiders instead. I think him and Tom Cable would have really hit it off.
Share 49ersWebzone