BreakingShanahan names C.J. Beathard as the 49ers' starting QB against Seattle

There are 156 users in the forums

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

I mean seriously. Can't the sportswriters start speculating on all the other talent and the rest of the draftees? Why is the top story failing to sign a guy who had a .009% chance of becoming the starter on this team and was going to have to dog it out with two other backs to be the#2 man? Heck we drafted his clone Dixon. I don't think this says anything other than he felt, correctly, that he had a much better shot in Tennessee, who is looking to use him to plug a decent sized hole left by Lendale White. He may go on to become a great back. Yet somehow I think the odds of that are much higher in an actual 1-2 punch offense than in a "give Frank Gore a breather" role.
Yah

You think we;d learn our lesson last year from the whole Kory Sheets Fiasco, but nope.

Just let a potential Hall of Famer walk away (like last year)

A little disappointed, because you can't deny the dude has talent. However, I don't think he would have necessarily broken through on our team with Gore, Coffee, and Dixon already in place, so it's not that big of a deal. Can't blame him for backing out, Tennessee is a better place for him if he wants PT. No hard feelings.
Everyone is going to say no, cuz he dissed us, but I would've liked to have seen what he had to offer.

Then again, I'm excited about the players we did get.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:46:52 ]
*Raises hand.* Since I watch Pac 10 football, I've seen what this guy could do. I don't think he's a probowler in the making, but at the very least, I think he's better than Coffee. If he wasn't such a dumbass, he probably would have gone somewhere in the second round. With that said, I'm not crying my eyes out for a guy who never ever played a single down for this team.
Yeah, you'll never catch me being too upset because an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent chose to go somewhere else.
I don't give a Rat's patoot about any one we draft, untill they can prove they can play on game day

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:50:19 ]
Hell yes dude is a beast! He will start? or play this season!
If the 49ers wanted him more than Dixon, they would have drafted him instead. Case closed.
Who?

double post

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:50:04 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, you'll never catch me being too upset because an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent chose to go somewhere else.

keyword
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
double post

dont be mad, change ur pad...
he's a UDFA, its not a big deal. if we really wanted him we woulda drafted him. Media does seem to be all over this tho...u can tell its post-draft, pre-camp time...not much else to talk about...
The trade for Lendale White to the hawks is certainly having a ripple effect. Enough already!

Share 49erswebzone