There are 197 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

I mean seriously. Can't the sportswriters start speculating on all the other talent and the rest of the draftees? Why is the top story failing to sign a guy who had a .009% chance of becoming the starter on this team and was going to have to dog it out with two other backs to be the#2 man? Heck we drafted his clone Dixon. I don't think this says anything other than he felt, correctly, that he had a much better shot in Tennessee, who is looking to use him to plug a decent sized hole left by Lendale White. He may go on to become a great back. Yet somehow I think the odds of that are much higher in an actual 1-2 punch offense than in a "give Frank Gore a breather" role.
Yah

You think we;d learn our lesson last year from the whole Kory Sheets Fiasco, but nope.

Just let a potential Hall of Famer walk away (like last year)

A little disappointed, because you can't deny the dude has talent. However, I don't think he would have necessarily broken through on our team with Gore, Coffee, and Dixon already in place, so it's not that big of a deal. Can't blame him for backing out, Tennessee is a better place for him if he wants PT. No hard feelings.
Everyone is going to say no, cuz he dissed us, but I would've liked to have seen what he had to offer.

Then again, I'm excited about the players we did get.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:46:52 ]
*Raises hand.* Since I watch Pac 10 football, I've seen what this guy could do. I don't think he's a probowler in the making, but at the very least, I think he's better than Coffee. If he wasn't such a dumbass, he probably would have gone somewhere in the second round. With that said, I'm not crying my eyes out for a guy who never ever played a single down for this team.
Yeah, you'll never catch me being too upset because an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent chose to go somewhere else.
I don't give a Rat's patoot about any one we draft, untill they can prove they can play on game day

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:50:19 ]
Hell yes dude is a beast! He will start? or play this season!
If the 49ers wanted him more than Dixon, they would have drafted him instead. Case closed.
Who?
double post

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:50:04 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, you'll never catch me being too upset because an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent chose to go somewhere else.

keyword
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
double post

dont be mad, change ur pad...
he's a UDFA, its not a big deal. if we really wanted him we woulda drafted him. Media does seem to be all over this tho...u can tell its post-draft, pre-camp time...not much else to talk about...
The trade for Lendale White to the hawks is certainly having a ripple effect. Enough already!