LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

What happens to Coach Sing next year......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Raye would be fired before Sing would. Sing is here to stay. He turned Vernon Davis from an immature, unproductive loudmouth to All-Pro TD scoring loudmouth. He is a leader that seems to have every player's full respect. Havent seen a more respected 49ers HC since Bill Walsh. Players will walk through fire for him. Young players seem to grow up quick with his coaching. While he is not a Xs & Os type coach, he is a coach that talks from experience.

As much as we discuss the intangibles of players in this league, we cannot understate the importance of intangibles in our coaches. Strong will, determination, and passion are traits that Sing exuberates, and they rub off on the players. Players take on the mind set of the coach.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NCommand:
On a side note, Cowher would be a perfect fit for this team from a philosophical standpoint, esp. the defense - get a new O.C. and it's on!

Cowher HATES the West Coast. Besides, he'll be wearing Panther Blue in 2011.

Yep, despite Cowher basically making it known that he's waiting on John Fox to be fired people here are still clamoring for him. I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that he does not want to coach here. Not now, and probably not ever.
Originally posted by susweel:
Then coach Sing is not gonna like this kinda party.

Why? cuz he wont be singing?
hit Raye in the mouth!
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
So the other night i was wondering. Our team finally has weapons at multiple positions, our defense looks like a legit top 10, and the division looks like it is ripe for the taking.

My question to you is: If the niners dont make the playoffs this year, does the front office namely, Jed, fire coach sing and go after Gruden or Cowher??????

I sure hope not, I don't think he is in that situation yet, he deserves more time.

[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 26, 2010 at 14:34:00 ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm not sure why this board is so fascinated with Gruden. Perhaps its because I live in Tampa and saw the absolutely nothing Gruden did with the Bucs. All he did was take Dungy's team, add an offense that could score 24 pts a game and beat a team in the SB whose playbook he has posted on the bulletin boards in the team head quarters two weeks before the game.

We'll make the payoffs this year.
I can haz Jon Gruden?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
I genuinely think that Sing is on the hot seat this season.

Nothing less than 10 wins AND the playoffs keeps him in the job.

We have a TON of talent now. This team is no longer a rebuilding project. The Yorks could probably get their pick of coaches with this roster.

Paging Mr Gruden.....

Why should he be on the hotseat? Sorry this does not make sense to me. I think he has brought in good results with the material provided. Now the GM has changed the only guy I can see on the hot seat is Raye.

Singletary has a pass through to 2012.

Yep I agree English, not a very well thought out post to begin with. Sing has done little to nothing to warrant being on the "hot seat". Matter of fact, if anything he has endeared himself to management for the production he got out of Davis and Smith.
No need to fear Coach Sing will be singing a winning tune in 2010
Originally posted by NCommand:
On a side note, Cowher would be a perfect fit for this team from a philosophical standpoint, esp. the defense - get a new O.C. and it's on!

and he still won't leave the East Coast.

Why do people expect such a quick turn around. This is only going to be his second season as HC. It would be stupid and ignorant to fire a man after two years. I believe a coach needs at least three full seasons to get a team how he wants it and by the fourth competing in the playoffs. Thats the only way for a team to be good for ten or more years. Switching coaches every two years or three does not benefit anybody.
Originally posted by susweel:
Then coach Sing is not gonna like this kinda party.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace8016:
Why do people expect such a quick turn around. This is only going to be his second season as HC. It would be stupid and ignorant to fire a man after two years. I believe a coach needs at least three full seasons to get a team how he wants it and by the fourth competing in the playoffs. Thats the only way for a team to be good for ten or more years. Switching coaches every two years or three does not benefit anybody.

100% agree.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
So the other night i was wondering. Our team finally has weapons at multiple positions, our defense looks like a legit top 10, and the division looks like it is ripe for the taking.

My question to you is: If the niners dont make the playoffs this year, does the front office namely, Jed, fire coach sing and go after Gruden or Cowher??????

If we barely miss the playoffs, they'll be back for '11. But if we only squak out 6 or 7 wins we may see Gruden in '11.

Not going to happen.

The ownership and senior management is very motivated by Singletary to name him the coach for life. This franchise is committed to building a team on Singletary's vision, no matter how long it takes.
I hope the best for Sing, but if we miss the playoffs and its not because the Seahawks went 16-0, he is gone.

Bye Bye Raye, Sing and Alex. Hello Gruden and new QB.
Share 49ersWebzone