LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Phil Barber

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Barber is doing a fine job filling some large shoes left by Maiocco.

The only suggestion I would make to him is stop posting multiple blogs with short paragraphs. It's not a twitter, it's for detailed blog posts.

At least we haven't seen a blog post defending Alex Smith every other week...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GEEK:

The only suggestion I would make to him is stop posting multiple blogs with short paragraphs. It's not a twitter, it's for detailed blog posts.

Give it time, he still hasn't looked into Alex's bedroom eyes.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by jta854:
all you retards on here, need to STFU already with your whinning all the time. some of you make me sick. give the poor guy a chance before you start bashing him. It's been less than a week.

I am getting so sick of this yapping all the time whinning all the time. grew up. maybe its true when they call niner fans whinners. stop it with the nonsense already. The poor man is just doing his job, its been less than a week. if you dont like it, dont read it. no need to make a useless thread like this.

Holy cow, are you too dating of just BFF’s?

Here is the thing, I know that your BFF is replacing a very popular writer, and I’ll admit, some of our expectations are a little high. But please, don’t let your personal relationships get you so angry that you forget that we can make whatever observations we want to. So far I have noticed a drop off from Maiocco to your BFF Barber, but we would be kidding our selves if we didn’t see that coming.

Maiocco has been fallowing the 49ers to long, and knows the players to well for someone to simply replace him. In time, your BFF may be every bit as good as his predecessor, but right now he still has a little ways to go.

He is not my BFF and ive never met the guy or ever heard of him, but there is a thing called morals and class.

Haha! Morals and class! You have got to be kidding.

Take a look at your original post: “all you retards on here need to STFU already with your whining all the time. Some of you make me sick.”

yea i guess you are right...all those comments negative comments are a lot more classier than mine :)

obviously you dont know the difference :)

I'm not the one preaching about class
Originally posted by susweel:

Give it time, he still hasn't looked into Alex's bedroom eyes.

Yes... those dreamy blue orbs of enchanting sex will make you absolutely void of all wanton malevolence.
all you retards on here, need to STFU already with your whinning all the time. some of you make me sick. give the poor guy a chance before you start bashing him. It's been less than a week.

I am getting so sick of this yapping all the time whinning all the time. grew up. maybe its true when they call niner fans whinners. stop it with the nonsense already. The poor man is just doing his job, its been less than a week. if you dont like it, dont read it. no need to make a useless thread like this.

Holy cow, are you too dating of just BFF’s?

Here is the thing, I know that your BFF is replacing a very popular writer, and I’ll admit, some of our expectations are a little high. But please, don’t let your personal relationships get you so angry that you forget that we can make whatever observations we want to. So far I have noticed a drop off from Maiocco to your BFF Barber, but we would be kidding our selves if we didn’t see that coming.

Maiocco has been fallowing the 49ers to long, and knows the players to well for someone to simply replace him. In time, your BFF may be every bit as good as his predecessor, but right now he still has a little ways to go.

He is not my BFF and ive never met the guy or ever heard of him, but there is a thing called morals and class.

Haha! Morals and class! You have got to be kidding.

Take a look at your original post: “all you retards on here need to STFU already with your whining all the time. Some of you make me sick.”

yea i guess you are right...all those comments negative comments are a lot more classier than mine :)

obviously you dont know the difference :)

I'm not the one preaching about class

but you are defending the rediculous classless comments and that just goes to show something about your character :) lol
I like Phil Barber, but does he really need to TWITTER play-by-play of guys that have no shot of making the team?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I like Phil Barber, but does he really need to TWITTER play-by-play of guys that have no shot of making the team?

1. This camp is a rookie/UDFA mini camp and FA tryout and so who else would you expect him to TWITTER about?

2. You call the players at this camp "guys that have no shot of making the team". That statement ignores that the draft choices WILL all probably make the team. It also ignores that some of the UDFA's might make the team. And finally for the guys who are there for a "try-out", this is their "shot" to make the team.

[ Edited by davidb on May 2, 2010 at 13:58:12 ]
You guys are awful. Just give him a chance.
Nice to see all the classy posters we have here in the zone.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Are you the blog police or something. I want my 49er news and if it gets to me quicker in short blog posts so be it.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

tbh I quite like the whole tweeting play by play and it is a rookie camp. When real TC comes along I reckon people will be pleased if he tweets every play
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Seriously, a lot of people don't grasp the fact that every writer has his or her own individual style/method to their madness.

A lot of Webzoners have grown so used to Maiocco that it's become adjacent to that 'golden' ex-girlfriend 'thing'. -Where you stack up/compare every future b***h to the last great one you had (but you'll never entirely get her back; so you just gotta dig deep, accept it, move on, and evolve).

In my opinion Phil Barber is a cool dude, and he's fulfilling the entire premise/value of the 'title' "Instant 49ers", thus far. -Not to mention this guy knows his s**t (history, play-calling, talent evaluations), and he's written/assembled a small handful of NFL books (I've read his Vincent Lombardi diagram book, and Phil's analysis/rapport is outstanding.)

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on May 2, 2010 at 16:05:48 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Seriously, a lot of people don't grasp the fact that every writer has his or her own individual style/method to their madness.

A lot of Webzoners have grown so used to Maiocco that it's become adjacent to that 'golden' ex-girlfriend 'thing'. -Where you stack up/compare every future b***h to the last great one you had (but you'll never entirely get her back; so you just gotta dig deep, accept it, move on, and evolve).

In my opinion Phil Barber is a cool dude, and he's fulfilling the entire premise/value of the 'title' "Instant 49ers", thus far. -Not to mention this guy knows his s**t (history, play-calling, talent evaluations), and he's written/assembled a small handful of NFL books (I've read his Vincent Lombardi diagram book, and Phil's analysis/rapport is outstanding.)

he don't know s**t
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

he don't know s**t

No one will read Barber after Maiocco launches his CSN Bay Area Website tomorrow. I feel bad for the guy. He had one week to try his hardest to get people to follow him.
Share 49ersWebzone