LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Sing's Formula for Success

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Smashmouth Defense
2. Establish great field position via PR
3. Run the ball down opponent's throats
4. Redzone diversity and efficiency---Gore/Davis/Crabtree

We do the above well the odds for our success increase dramatically...well doh :)
hit em in the mouth!
Icing on cake is only sweeter when there's actual cake.

Sing may bring smash mouth type football, but he he doesn't have the smarts to conjure up intelligent plays.

It doesn't matter, after this season Sing will be removed as HC and someone with actual scheming experience will take over. It should have been Shanahan, and now I hope it's Gruden.
Oh, FNGLory - how do you feel about two O-line players in the first? Was that worth it?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
hit em in the mouth!
Hmmmm I see, that sounds so original! I thought the plan was Run Run Check down pass and then punt, what you are suggesting is Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Score Hmmmmm I like that it seems a little better!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Hmmmm I see, that sounds so original! I thought the plan was Run Run Check down pass and then punt, what you are suggesting is Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Score Hmmmmm I like that it seems a little better!

Fysical with a F!
I am going to be soooo irritated if we go back to the overly conservative approach that lost us soooo many games last year, such as Green Bay (the first half), Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston first half, among others. I really hope Raye begins to open things up as he sometimes did later in the season. I am not convinced Sing's "formula", if there is such a thing, will allow him to do so...
Originally posted by tohara3:
hit em in the mouth!

Sorry but Blount signed with the Titans instead...
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
Icing on cake is only sweeter when there's actual cake.

Sing may bring smash mouth type football, but he he doesn't have the smarts to conjure up intelligent plays.

It doesn't matter, after this season Sing will be removed as HC and someone with actual scheming experience will take over. It should have been Shanahan, and now I hope it's Gruden.

you should never post on webzone again... sing is the best thing that happend to this franchise in along time

you play to win the game
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's too bad it's not 1985, otherwise we might be a Super Bowl contender.

But in 2010, you have to be able to pass the football to win championships.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
1. Smashmouth Defense
2. Establish great field position via PR
3. Run the ball down opponent's throats
4. Redzone diversity and efficiency---Gore/Davis/Crabtree

We do the above well the odds for our success increase dramatically...well doh :)

naaaaaaaaaah not going to work , need a great QB to succeed in this league look at Drew Brees & Farve !
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by tohara3:
hit em in the mouth!

Sorry but Blount signed with the Titans instead...

Sing meant to hit em with the shoulder, not fists.
I'm curious why everybody seems to think that Singletary wants to have a run-heavy smashmouth offense. The term 'balance' has been the cause de jour for both him and Raye since last season.

Balance wasn't an option last season because the O-Line was pushed 2 yds behind scrimmage by the time Gore got his hands on the ball. The only option left if we wanted to win games was going pass heavy.

If the first down produces decent yardage, that opens up the playbook for second down. (Play action, deep out, sideline fly, etc) When 3rd & short situations are regularly converted, it keeps the defense off the field and allows them to be more aggressive in attacking the QB.

On balance, I think that a base set with Gore/Coffee behind the line, Crabtree/Morgan split out, Davis in Tight and D. Walker or T. Ginn holding the last spot gives the team a plethora of options. (Ginn down the sideline, Davis in the middle, and Crabs on a comeback forces the Defense to leave somebody in single coverage . . . and when the SS backs out of the box, it's time for the Frank Gore show to begin)

Playcalling is situation dependent. Unfortunately, there aren't many plays for 2nd & long and 3rd & long. When the O-Line starts holding its ground, it will open up the playbook dramatically.
Share 49ersWebzone