LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Steve Wyche says Niners in playoffs Cards Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

Dukes was suckin on Rump Roast all draft long. Only now he's suckin on Wyche's Rump Roast. Dukes is a known 9er hater. Has always been and always be.

~Ceadder

Dukes was talkin' smack about the 49ers drafting two OL in the 1st. Ironic that Dukes played OL and knows firsthand the trenches is where you must win the game.

49ers have all of the pieces in place to win the west.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

Dukes was suckin on Rump Roast all draft long. Only now he's suckin on Wyche's Rump Roast. Dukes is a known 9er hater. Has always been and always be.

~Ceadder

Dukes was talkin' smack about the 49ers drafting two OL in the 1st. Ironic that Dukes played OL and knows firsthand the trenches is where you must win the game.

49ers have all of the pieces in place to win the west.

I really dont see any weak spots in this team. I mean an absolute beast Pass rusher would be nice but not necessary, could argue QB but Alex is good enough to win us the west. Playoffs here we come
plus our schedule is very favorablee.. I see atleast 6 games that you can mark an easy W, even if u split the 10 games that can go either way.. thats an 11-5 record !! We competed with the best last season, lost 6 or 7 games by less than 7pts! We had a very solid draft, signed LeBoy and Ginn, and our team is better already! Add in another year with the same OC for the offense, Gore should have some holes, and Smith some time with Davis and Iupati, Crabtree IMHO is already a top 10 WR in the NFL right now and we ALL know Gore and Davis are arguably the best at their positions!! The defense was already a true top 10 defense, Willis is the best LB in the NFL, Mays and Goldson are gonna knock some heads, although they might give up their share of plays.. BUT our defense should be feared and we have speed in LB and now with Mays!
I am delighted that the team finally addressed the OL problem. But we must be realistic that we will first go through an awkward transistion period. These new talents will need to go through a period of learning and gaining experience. It could be ugly at itmes. Do not expect instant results.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I am delighted that the team finally addressed the OL problem. But we must be realistic that we will first go through an awkward transistion period. These new talents will need to go through a period of learning and gaining experience. It could be ugly at itmes. Do not expect instant results.

cant be any worse than the last 3 seasons. I honestly expect this line to perform something similar to the line in 06, Im not necesarily comparing Iupati to Allen, although i do see the potential, BUT.. A.Davis on film reminds me of a HEALTHY JONAS JENNINGS, and notice i said HEALTHY lol. Jennings was a solid Tackle for us, he just couldnt hold up.. and I expect for Davis to outperform Snyder and Simms to play that RT and ALLof us have Iupati plugged in at LG or RG
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yes, but if Raye persists with his former predictable playcalling and continues to put Alex in the hole with many third and longs, there are guys on this forum who will continue to blame the mediocre results on Alex. Even the best QBs need help from their OC.

It amazes me how some fans crticizes the OC who enabled Alex to have his best season ever. Alex has to produce and he is capable of it. He just has to be more consistent.

The play calling WAS predictable, until they put Alex Smith in and started running a spread offense to help him.

Just remember there will always be excuses for Alex Smith. Up until last Thursday, the blame was placed on the O-Line. Now that the line has been addressed, it will be the fact that Davis and Iupati are rookies. If they can't use that excuse, it will be the OC. Nothing is Alex's fault in the eyes of these people.
Share 49ersWebzone