There are 269 users in the forums

Steve Wyche says Niners in playoffs Cards Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I am not happy with just making the playoffs, i want to win the whole thing

We're not in the 1980's anymore when it was SB or bust

We all want the 49ers to win another SB but first things first and that is to get back into the playoffs

The Niners haven't made the playoffs in 7yrs so if they get in this year won't you at least be a tiny bit excited?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Alex has consistently improved each and every year. And on this particular season he will have the same OC and a revamped O-line. No reason we shouldn't expect him to finish among the top ten QBs.

Top 10 would be terrific. I'll be happy if he finishes in top half. That should get us in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

If Alex doesn't step up, it isn't his fault, it is because ______________________ (insert your choice of one or more Alexcuses).

If Alex can't lead us to the playoffs this year.... HE IS GOING TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE WORST QBS IN NFL HISTORY. I'm just saying.

Our Defense is top 10 in the league
Our division is the weakest in the league
Our offensive line has gotten a huge upgrade
We have plenty of offensive weapons and hopefully a pretty good return game now
We have continuity with Singletary and Jimmy Raye

With that said, I just want us to make the playoffs and go deep in them!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

If Alex doesn't step up, it isn't his fault, it is because ______________________ (insert your choice of one or more Alexcuses).

Those who doubted Vernon at the beginning of last year have stop posted these kind of posts - and hopefully same will happen with Alex at the end of 2010
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Alex has consistently improved each and every year. And on this particular season he will have the same OC and a revamped O-line. No reason we shouldn't expect him to finish among the top ten QBs.

..and this is why I'm a Smith supporter.

He has never consistently shown us that he can be a top 10 QB, but what he has shown is that he can continually improve.

-9fA
Hell yea, I had my first son and the niners are poised to win the division!!! I can't decide which one Im more excited about.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Hell yea, I had my first son and the niners are poised to win the division!!! I can't decide which one Im more excited about.

Congrats man...you name him Joe?
  • titan
  • Veteran
History is about to repeat itself for the 49ers......Here comes 5 more Super Bowls our way!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yes, but if Raye persists with his former predictable playcalling and continues to put Alex in the hole with many third and longs, there are guys on this forum who will continue to blame the mediocre results on Alex. Even the best QBs need help from their OC.

It all begins and ends with the O line and with our new O line coach I am feeling extremely positive.

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
The Niners have made the playoffs on PAPER for several years now, I'm done with these stupid ass predictions - 49ers just need to come with it and find a way not to screw it up.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
If Alex can't lead us to the playoffs this year.... HE IS GOING TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE WORST QBS IN NFL HISTORY. I'm just saying.

For all those reasons Niners are going deep into the playoffs in 2010.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Very nicely put , I also believe if no playoffs Alex will be looking for a job , With that said , he's been improving a little bit more every year , so I think we have a very good chance at getting there . GO NINERS !
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yes, but if Raye persists with his former predictable playcalling and continues to put Alex in the hole with many third and longs, there are guys on this forum who will continue to blame the mediocre results on Alex. Even the best QBs need help from their OC.

It amazes me how some fans crticizes the OC who enabled Alex to have his best season ever. Alex has to produce and he is capable of it. He just has to be more consistent.

Well, you can't argue how simplistic the playcalling is sometimes (i.e. first half green bay, chicago, among others). However, I would agree that our season heavily depends on how well Smith can do. We are going to need him in games when the D decides to take the day off (i.e. Atlanta of 2009) or when there are mistakes galore (Seattle away game in 09) or we shall barely squeak into the playoffs...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Congrats man...you name him Joe?

I wanted to name him Patrick but we named him James.
Share 49ersWebzone