I am not happy with just making the playoffs, i want to win the whole thing
Originally posted by teeohh:
i want a super bowl!!!!!!!

Me too! Let's go 49ers!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I am not happy with just making the playoffs, i want to win the whole thing

Mm, it's a bit cliche, but it'll all come down to QB play...

Can Alex continue to grow and lead our team into the playoffs??? (I think, yes)

Did Leinart grow during the past couple years behind Warner and will he step-up?

How much does Hasselbeck have left in him? / Does Charlie have any game over there in Seattle?

Can Bradford have any immediate impact over there in St. Louis?

For once in a long time, I believe we have the most talented squad in the NFC West, but will it all come together?

Go 9ers!!!

Shanghai'D
I know everyone is all pumped up for 2010. Just remember the Philly game from last year and put your reality check hat on.
Steve Wyche is correct.
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:
I know everyone is all pumped up for 2010. Just remember the Philly game from last year and put your reality check hat on.

What does this mean?
  • Nyner
We need to score a lot more points then we did last year if we are going to be a playoff team. With the same play calling as last year I'm not so sure we can.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

Dukes was suckin on Rump Roast all draft long. Only now he's suckin on Wyche's Rump Roast. Dukes is a known 9er hater. Has always been and always be.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 25, 2010 at 20:08:55 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:

What does this mean?

The Philly game last year was A. Smith's big chance to show us that he could take us to the playoffs and win a CRITICAL game--unfortunately he choked real bad. Let's hope he can pull those games out this year with a revamped OL and another year in the same system.

^^^Just stop posting. At least until you have some better perspective. Where does Philly's Defense USUALLY rank? Yeah, now I think you are beginning to understand. Did Alex play to his potential? No. But he didn't choke away our playoff chances either.^^^

Originally posted by excelsior:
Yes, but if Raye persists with his former predictable playcalling and continues to put Alex in the hole with many third and longs, there are guys on this forum who will continue to blame the mediocre results on Alex. Even the best QBs need help from their OC.

No such thing as "predictable in Football. A Defense can know the EXACT play you are going to run. You could TELL them what play you are going to Run.

It's whether or not you have the personnel to RUN that play as to whether it's going to be successful or not. We haven't had the personnel to run it down top tier throat in a LONG time.

Like on 3rd and short and 4th and Goal situations. Our average in that kind of situation is abysmally low.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 25, 2010 at 20:07:42 ]
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Alex has consistently improved each and every year. And on this particular season he will have the same OC and a revamped O-line. No reason we shouldn't expect him to finish among the top ten QBs.

Go Niners. Go alex!!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
They were talking on NFLN and they said we would make it as long as Alex steps up.

Said we have built the team and give Alex every weapon he needs.

I agree with him, besides the dominant D we have, we need Alex to step up.

Dukes said we can get in for sure especially with the 2 new maulers(Davis and Iupati).

If Alex doesn't step up, it isn't his fault, it is because ______________________ (insert your choice of one or more Alexcuses).
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yes, but if Raye persists with his former predictable playcalling and continues to put Alex in the hole with many third and longs, there are guys on this forum who will continue to blame the mediocre results on Alex. Even the best QBs need help from their OC.

It amazes me how some fans crticizes the OC who enabled Alex to have his best season ever. Alex has to produce and he is capable of it. He just has to be more consistent.

Yeah did you not watch the same 6 plays all season until alex steped in and couldn't run a single one of those 6 making jimmy raye go to the spread in order to keep from loosing.
Originally posted by Nyner:
We need to score a lot more points then we did last year if we are going to be a playoff team. With the same play calling as last year I'm not so sure we can.

Having the same system, the #1 WR at camp, and 2 blue chip Olineman; I think its bound to be better and thus sustain drives. This will reduce the time of the field for the defense, which can keep them fresh. Better field position with better returners. I think we are over the hump on those close defeats where it came down to a play or two.

Niners - playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone