LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Taylor or Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 49erFanOrlandoFl
  • Info N/A
The drafting of Taylor Mays means that someone will not be wearing a 49ers jersey. We Know Roman is gone and the 49ers are indicating Lewis is still the starter but that is until we see see what happen in TC. My question is a simple one...Do Curtis Taylor and Reggie Smith have a spot on the Roster? If we can only keep one which is most likely to stay?
Out of the two Smith IMO, the coaches seem to see more in him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Michael Lewis' days are numbered, with three concussions I'd be surprised if he made it past July.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Michael Lewis' days are numbered, with three concussions I'd be surprised if he made it past July.

yep. i can still see all of them making the team though. reggie smith can play corner in a pinch, and taylor mays and micheal lewis can play LB if we end up in a bind. though it would probably be lewis since he probably knows the assignments already.
Originally posted by 49erFanOrlandoFl:
The drafting of Taylor Mays means that someone will not be wearing a 49ers jersey. We Know Roman is gone and the 49ers are indicating Lewis is still the starter but that is until we see see what happen in TC. My question is a simple one...Do Curtis Taylor and Reggie Smith have a spot on the Roster? If we can only keep one which is most likely to stay?

Reggie Smith also play CB, especially in the nickel. So he has a spot for sure.
I thought you were talking about Keith Smith, i was about to say....

Agree... also, I think Lewis is due a roster bonus, or his contract is pretty high this year. I think he will be let go.

i wouldn't be surprised to see roman stay. we have young safties in goldson, r.smith, c.taylor and t.mays so a knowledgable vet like m.roman may be very valuable.

m.lewis had 3 concussions in one month. if i were him or his family or friends, i'd be urging him to retire. BIG TIME. you dont just "walk it off" at that point. nice career, you made some money, get out with your brain still in tact.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
really.... i see mays taking over for lew midseason... second, curtis talor backs up dashon, and lew eventually get cut for smith... in a year or so
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:

i wouldn't be surprised to see roman stay. we have young safties in goldson, r.smith, c.taylor and t.mays so a knowledgable vet like m.roman may be very valuable.

m.lewis had 3 concussions in one month. if i were him or his family or friends, i'd be urging him to retire. BIG TIME. you dont just "walk it off" at that point. nice career, you made some money, get out with your brain still in tact.

veteran..... who couldnt get 1 pick in 3 years, and started. waste of space

Taylor will probably be pushed down to Practice squad
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Taylor will probably be pushed down to Practice squad

this.

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Apr 25, 2010 at 17:59:40 ]
Originally posted by BrooklynNiner15:

Reggie Smith also play CB, especially in the nickel. So he has a spot for sure.

We may need him to make the move back.
Hey, how long until someone makes a post about Taylor Mays and Curtis Taylor and calls it "Taylor and Taylor" or "Taylor or Taylor"? lol

Not to mention Mike's 4 Million dollar contract for 2010, bloating out the salary cap! -I think the entire franchise would love to see Mays win the starting spot by the end of the final 'cut' period.

Cause there's no way in hell we keep 5-6 safeties on the depth chart this year:

FS: Gholdson, Taylor/???

SS: Mays, Smith
Share 49ersWebzone