LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

From Absolutely No Return Game to...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners wanted to play a field position game last year so they had the best punter but the worst returners? That was a stupid move. Good this year they realzed there errors.
Originally posted by frankie:
Our return game is gonna be scary good! I was kinda bummed we released rossum! But this offseason sure made up for it! And one helluva draft to add to it as well! Time will tell!
Goniners

Completely agree. This is going to be a very exciting season.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I hope we keep at least 2.

Agreed. Ginn hasn't been a good punt returner, so they need to keep Vann or Williams in addition to Ginn. And put the third on the PS.

I think Vann would be the best to keep for returns between him and Williams. The only problem i see is that Vann doesn't really have a position...what would he play for us besides KR/PR? Williams could be a slot guy.

PS
How did Williams fall to the 6th round? He looks like a solid WR in those clips. Did he have off the field issues?

I think they should try to make Vann into a 3rd down receiving WR/RB. Just a guy who can take a screen here and there or line up in the slot every now and then. Just get him the ball in space basically.

Of course, I want to see his shiftyness on display vs. some real competition first...

like a POOR MAN'S CJ Spiller! lol
I really, really hope we keep Leroy vann just as a Punt returner. The guy has tr NCAA record for PR TDs. That's nothing to scoff at, btw person in second place is Wes Welker. From there, maybe we can work him in as a 3rd down back to run screens/ etc, but even if we don't, please keep him just as a PR. That Seattle fumble, then subsequent TD killed me. Also in that game, we couldn't gain any f**king PR yards in the 3rd quarter which killed us because the seahawks were keeping us inside our 35 and our offense had no space to move.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by kstolai:
We will have a sick return game if even 1 of these guys pans out. Yes there is safety in numbers!

yeah, we've really hedged our bets in the return game. I love the stubborness that we exhibit. We're going to fix it damnit, no matter what it takes!

well put lol, I'm very happy with this philosophy we fixed the OL by doing what it took same thing with the return game. Good for our organization for realizing we lost most of if not all of our games due to OL/Return game as a huge culprit.
PR: Vann
KR: Ginn

Williams can be our 3rd return man and maybe he'll make the team as WR too...

vann is legit. so happy we picked him up
vann is a 9er fan
Ginn Jr. is the only proven commodity.

I will reserve judgment on the two rookies until preseason.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I hope we keep at least 2.

Agreed. Ginn hasn't been a good punt returner, so they need to keep Vann or Williams in addition to Ginn. And put the third on the PS.

I think Vann would be the best to keep for returns between him and Williams. The only problem i see is that Vann doesn't really have a position...what would he play for us besides KR/PR? Williams could be a slot guy.

PS
How did Williams fall to the 6th round? He looks like a solid WR in those clips. Did he have off the field issues?

I think they should try to make Vann into a 3rd down receiving WR/RB. Just a guy who can take a screen here and there or line up in the slot every now and then. Just get him the ball in space basically.

Of course, I want to see his shiftyness on display vs. some real competition first...

like a POOR MAN'S CJ Spiller! lol

More like the psychotc bum version of CJ Spiller.
SuperBowl

These guys are all very usefull. If Ginn can return kickoffs and play the 2nd x receiver and Williams can return punts and play the slot receiver then you could keep Vann as the primary return guy. By the way..I have watch Vann play DB...did a pretty good job. Sure is a burner and wicked on blitzing. If they can actually perform at the NFL level, I would keep all three.

It would be neat to see Vann and Ginn back on kickoffs and Williams and Van back on punts...the fun that could be had!
PR: Vann
KR: Ginn

Williams can be our 3rd return man and maybe he'll make the team as WR too...

Sounds good.
Watching Ginn makes me
I think that Ginn may be our third receiver and could push Morgan for the #2 spot. I think that Sing said "... Ginn takes the lid off the the defense." Ginn may REALLY clear the safety away from Crabtree. As for Williams, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a lot of playing time as W.R. too. Vann could also become a starter in one of our nickel or dime packages. ALL three have killer speed.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I think that Ginn may be our third receiver and could push Morgan for the #2 spot. I think that Sing said "... Ginn takes the lid off the the defense." Ginn may REALLY clear the safety away from Crabtree. As for Williams, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a lot of playing time as W.R. too. Vann could also become a starter in one of our nickel or dime packages. ALL three have killer speed.

I totally agree. A lot of people are talking about using Vann as a WR/RB. His position in college was DB so if he can show in TC/preseason that he can be a nickle guy then we'll have saved ourselves a roster spot. We have a lot of WR depth and I'd like to see if all three guys can make the 53.

Cut Jones!
Share 49ersWebzone