LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jarrett Brown is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • East49
  • Info N/A
Im sorry but JB deserves his own post like everyone else so I am pasting my comments here. Check out the stiff arm at the 3 min mark.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! JARRETT BROWN!

First, Ive been on this board for a view years, I was away for awhile, long enough to be removed, that's why my username is fresh.

Anyway that being said I know there are a few WVU homies on this board (boomer) that are just as excited as I am.

Jarrett is a good QB. He has excellent size and mobility/range. His throwing motion is much similar to Vick, you know the wrist flip for 50 yds. Great intagibles. His only downside is lack of experience and execution. He waited patiently behind Pat, and when he was installed we were changing the offense after the RichRod fiasco and the Oline was not good. So he spent alot of time running from DL's.

I really believe that when he spends some time with the right coach he can be a good NFL QB. I expect him to beat out Nate Davis, I like Nate and all, but JB will earn a roster spot.
[ Edited by East49 on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
if (2005) rookie Alex Smith, and Michael Vick had a baby... this would be him.

He can run, throw it deep, but looks indecisive and uncomfortable in the pocket.

He'll be very lucky to make the team.
championship
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by East49:

First, Ive been on this board for a view years, I was away for awhile, long enough to be removed, that's why my username is fresh.

Anyway that being said I know there are a few WVU homies on this board (boomer) that are just as excited as I am.

Jarrett is a good QB. He has excellent size and mobility/range. His throwing motion is much similar to Vick, you know the wrist flip for 50 yds. Great intagibles. His only downside is lack of experience and execution. He waited patiently behind Pat, and when he was installed we were changing the offense after the RichRod fiasco and the Oline was not good. So he was very indecisive in the pocket, spent alot of time running from DL's.

I really believe that when he spends some time with the right coach he can be a good NFL QB. I expect him to beat out Nate Davis, I like Nate and all, but JB will earn a roster spot.

I'm not hating on your boy, or anything, but how excited should we be about this guy when every single team passed on him in the draft? I know there have been guys that went undrafted that turned out to be decent players, but I'm just not gonna hold my breath on this guy even beating out Nate until that's all we here is how amazingly talented he has been all training camp.
no way he beats out Nate Davis, Davis has more experience and intangibles than Brown, for now.

Hope he makes it to the practice squad. He is gonna a lot of coaching and technique.
  • East49
  • Info N/A

Jarrett is a good QB. He has excellent size and mobility/range. His throwing motion is much similar to Vick, you know the wrist flip for 50 yds. Great intagibles. His only downside is lack of experience and execution. He waited patiently behind Pat, and when he was installed we were changing the offense after the RichRod fiasco and the Oline was not good. So he was very indecisive in the pocket, spent alot of time running from DL's.

I'm not hating on your boy, or anything, but how excited should we be about this guy when every single team passed on him in the draft? I know there have been guys that went undrafted that turned out to be decent players, but I'm just not gonna hold my breath on this guy even beating out Nate until that's all we here is how amazingly talented he has been all training camp.

No ill will. I expect everyone to be skeptical b/c of that. Everyone on that URFA list has something to prove. I am excited for Blount and Vann too. Just a little high on my boy that's all. I know he wont prove me wrong.
I will say the loaf of bread thing use to drive me crazy though.
He also had an ankle injury in the bowl game that kept him out of the 2nd half, but I assume he recovered from it, there was no talk about it at the combine.
[ Edited by East49 on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM ]

No ill will. I expect everyone to be skeptical b/c of that. Everyone on that URFA list has something to prove. I am excited for Blount and Vann too. Just a little high on my boy that's all. I know he wont prove me wrong.

Believe me when I say that I hope your boy leads us to a Super Bowl Championship some day.
Can he play special teams?
  • East49
  • Info N/A
Shew, ok I am calmed down now.

Its just we had a good 3 days for the most part, then the FA names start rolling in, I had been looking for JB's landing spot all night, then, BAM, He's a Niner. I was a little overjoyed, alot actually.
  • East49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Can he play special teams?

LOL. He shouldnt have a problem holding for Nedney.

Could be a little Taser in his future too. I kinda hope the Niners are passed that experiment though.

I like the scrambling and ability to throw accurately on the run. Looks decent as a possible practice squad guy.
I love JB, I just wish he was smarter out there. Early in the season he was playing like a first rounder and then he had a bad game at Auburn where he turned teh ball over a few times and it seemed like when a mistake got in his head it pushed on him and he started making more and more, and that seemed to snowball the rest of the season because he was never quite the same again.

He's certainly got all the tool and can really swing the ball around. He's got a live arm and is next to impossible to bring down with one person, he can shift around and make a blitzing LB miss. I guess he'll compete with Davis as the 3rd QB, and he could win if he plays up to his ability without overthinking it.
Dude looks like a disaster in the making.
This guy should be safe on the PS. Nobody is gona give him a roster spot. We should be safe and not use him at all in preseason. Also, the other guys need reps.
wow great video. love the Wiz song

i really hope he makes the squad. we need insurance in case alex and nate don't pan out.

At the very least we can finally utilize the Raye Gun
Share 49ersWebzone