LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Leroy Vann-NCAA Career Record Holder for Return TD's Is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
5,. 4, 3, 2, 1 Touchdown!

Wow, this kid is explosive. He TOTALLY reminds me of Darren Sproles...has just one gear and it's overdrive. I wonder if we could work him in as a change of pace back - someone who could run OFF-tackle once in a while?

I love how Vann doesn't do a lot of dancing around. He secures the ball, makes his read and just explodes through holes....gotta love that!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Sing learned last year that you need at least two guys that can return kicks. If we had this last year we would have made the playoffs.

I hope he signs and competes with Williams for a roster spot.
My only concern is that there might not be room enough on the roster for a guy who only returns punts. I haven't heard anything about him being a great CB. So, a guy like Kyle Williams, who can play the slot and is a factor in the return game, may offer more value to the team.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
My only concern is that there might not be room enough on the roster for a guy who only returns punts. I haven't heard anything about him being a great CB. So, a guy like Kyle Williams, who can play the slot and is a factor in the return game, may offer more value to the team.

Unless there are cuts, Williams would be our 6th WR. I can't find any highlights of his returns so I only assume he's not close to the level Vann is. That's why I would rather take Vann as our 6th CB or even a Slot WR project

Vann's return ability alone > than the handful of passes Williams would catch

[ Edited by LeadFarmer on Apr 26, 2010 at 09:43:05 ]
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Unless there are cuts, Williams would be our 6th WR. I can't find any highlights of his returns so I only assume he's not close to the level Vann is. That's why I would rather take Vann as our 6th CB or even a Slot WR project

Either way, it's a great problem to have!

Either way, it's a great problem to have!

Ill be pissed if Vann doesn't make the team after seeing what happened when we cut Rossum.
Hell yea Leron Vann (Sproles) is a Niners

Van played against severly inferior comptetiton. I agree his video is amazing, but lets not give him a roster spot just yet, but I generally agree. IF Vann is a PR stud, and williams shows little return ability, I too would rather have Vann.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Wow, this kid is explosive. ...has just one gear and it's overdrive....

I love how Vann doesn't do a lot of dancing around. He secures the ball, makes his read and just explodes through holes....gotta love that!

Yeah, a Florida A&M living legend ...

Damn, I hope he remembers this highlight reel and just plays his game when he hits the field & nice that he has "some" db experience.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Wow, this kid is explosive. ...has just one gear and it's overdrive....

Yeah, a Florida A&M living legend ...

Damn, I hope he remembers this highlight reel and just plays his game when he hits the field & nice that he has "some" db experience.

Real good value for a UDFA

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GORO:
Sing learned last year that you need at least two guys that can return kicks. If we had this last year we would have made the playoffs.

I hope he signs and competes with Williams for a roster spot.

ok.. people dont get it, vann has agreed to terms with the 9ners. hes is a db. williams is a wr. so williams has a good shot to make it as a reciever. with ginn and now vann as rt, williams really has no shot against vann in the pr area.....
A lot of the angles taken and tackling was aweful. We will only know how he will do in the preseason games...
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Vann's return ability alone > than the handful of passes Williams would catch
Who held the record before him?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Who held the record before him?

antonio perkins and wes welker
Share 49ersWebzone