There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Leroy Vann-NCAA Career Record Holder for Return TD's Is a Niner

wow, I hope this dude makes the team. Kindda makes the Ginn signing obsolete, no?
03/30/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: San Fancisco head coach Mike Singletary and quarterback coach Mike Johnson were both on hand at the Rattlers' pro day on March 18th. The other noteworthy player among the 14 prospects that participated was KR LeRoy Vann. Vann (5-8 3/8, 177) ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical, a 9-10 broad, a 4.26 short shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill. Those numbers are not really a true barometer, however, due to the poor field conditions. He also did 16 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wow, I hope this dude makes the team. Kindda makes the Ginn signing obsolete, no?

NO.

Vann is better suited to be a PR only and that Leaves Ginn to handle KR duties.

KR Ginn
PR Vann
5,. 4, 3, 2, 1 Touchdown!

Wow, this kid is explosive. He TOTALLY reminds me of Darren Sproles...has just one gear and it's overdrive. I wonder if we could work him in as a change of pace back - someone who could run OFF-tackle once in a while?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wow, this kid is explosive. He TOTALLY reminds me of Darren Sproles...has just one gear and it's overdrive. I wonder if we could work him in as a change of pace back - someone who could run OFF-tackle once in a while?

I love how Vann doesn't do a lot of dancing around. He secures the ball, makes his read and just explodes through holes....gotta love that!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Sing learned last year that you need at least two guys that can return kicks. If we had this last year we would have made the playoffs.

I hope he signs and competes with Williams for a roster spot.
My only concern is that there might not be room enough on the roster for a guy who only returns punts. I haven't heard anything about him being a great CB. So, a guy like Kyle Williams, who can play the slot and is a factor in the return game, may offer more value to the team.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
My only concern is that there might not be room enough on the roster for a guy who only returns punts. I haven't heard anything about him being a great CB. So, a guy like Kyle Williams, who can play the slot and is a factor in the return game, may offer more value to the team.

Unless there are cuts, Williams would be our 6th WR. I can't find any highlights of his returns so I only assume he's not close to the level Vann is. That's why I would rather take Vann as our 6th CB or even a Slot WR project

Vann's return ability alone > than the handful of passes Williams would catch

[ Edited by LeadFarmer on Apr 26, 2010 at 09:43:05 ]
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Unless there are cuts, Williams would be our 6th WR. I can't find any highlights of his returns so I only assume he's not close to the level Vann is. That's why I would rather take Vann as our 6th CB or even a Slot WR project

Either way, it's a great problem to have!
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Either way, it's a great problem to have!

Ill be pissed if Vann doesn't make the team after seeing what happened when we cut Rossum.
Hell yea Leron Vann (Sproles) is a Niners

Van played against severly inferior comptetiton. I agree his video is amazing, but lets not give him a roster spot just yet, but I generally agree. IF Vann is a PR stud, and williams shows little return ability, I too would rather have Vann.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Wow, this kid is explosive. ...has just one gear and it's overdrive....

I love how Vann doesn't do a lot of dancing around. He secures the ball, makes his read and just explodes through holes....gotta love that!

Yeah, a Florida A&M living legend ...

Damn, I hope he remembers this highlight reel and just plays his game when he hits the field & nice that he has "some" db experience.
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Wow, this kid is explosive. ...has just one gear and it's overdrive....

Yeah, a Florida A&M living legend ...

Damn, I hope he remembers this highlight reel and just plays his game when he hits the field & nice that he has "some" db experience.

Real good value for a UDFA
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GORO:
Sing learned last year that you need at least two guys that can return kicks. If we had this last year we would have made the playoffs.

I hope he signs and competes with Williams for a roster spot.

ok.. people dont get it, vann has agreed to terms with the 9ners. hes is a db. williams is a wr. so williams has a good shot to make it as a reciever. with ginn and now vann as rt, williams really has no shot against vann in the pr area.....