Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
This draft just keeps on giving

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A

holy crap he is an amazing PR

im officially convinced ginn and williams at KR

vann at PR

no joke we should make a serious run in the playoffs 2 of our biggest weakness has not only dissapeared but on paper can be called as strengths of this team

this dude is a freak! It's been a while since we've seen this kinda speed on our team! Niners mean business this year, teams better look out

Quote:
03/30/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: San Fancisco head coach Mike Singletary and quarterback coach Mike Johnson were both on hand at the Rattlers' pro day on March 18th. The other noteworthy player among the 14 prospects that participated was KR LeRoy Vann. Vann (5-8 3/8, 177) ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical, a 9-10 broad, a 4.26 short shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill. Those numbers are not really a true barometer, however, due to the poor field conditions. He also did 16 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew this was someone the Baalke-Singletary scouting trip found. How in the hell did Singletary get so up to speed on this guy???

(Sing) "I told you so".
It didn't get discussed like the OL, QB, DB, but the 9ers weren't a fast team. Now they are faster.

I want to see a fast running back as well and some plays around the ends. It was either they were too slow to do this or weren't allowed to for idealogical reasons.
Go to 1:53... I had a big smile after hearing him say that

Getting ahead of myself, but i wonder if he can play any offense ala Hester. You would think if you could catch a punt you can catch a pass. I mean Battle's hand's turned to sh!t when catching punts
Originally posted by Rhino_So:
Go to 1:53... I had a big smile after hearing him say that

i was just about to post this!!

Originally posted by carlgo:
It didn't get discussed like the OL, QB, DB, but the 9ers weren't a fast team. Now they are faster.

I want to see a fast running back as well and some plays around the ends. It was either they were too slow to do this or weren't allowed to for idealogical reasons.

see not me, i want a smashmouth running game. Speed is nice but i want our runners to send messages each time they have the ball.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
f**k yeah... this guy should be our main PR/KR and have Ginn and Kyle Williams focus on being WR's

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
Williams

I say zeigler and jones get cut or williams goes to PS and Zeigler hangs on the team.

Hill is by no means a lock, he must do 1. stay healthy and 2 be consistent, to make this team.

I personally rathe rhave a vet like Jones than Hill. But I like Williams to make the team.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Jones, Williams and Vann(CB, WR and RS)

Disagree with you on Hill. He's one of our best special teams players. He's often the first guy down to the field to make a hit and he's a good receiver when given the chance. He deserves one more year.

He's going to lose his S.Teams spot to our new LB. Only way he stays on is if he figures out how to play WR in the NFL.
  • 49ersfolife
  • Info N/A
I am super ecstatic about this steal of a pick, we lost at least 3 games last year because of our special teams, we now have 2 legit threats at pr Leroy Vann and Kr Ted Ginn Jr
Only way we could have got him is because he's a Niners' fan Of all the guys we picked up, this one is the most exciting.
So WTF... is he with us or the Ravens?...
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Watch the film...LeRoy Vann is a special PR/KR. The 49ers did a good job following up on this guy and signing him. Kudos to Baalke and Singletary on this one.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
f**k yeah... this guy should be our main PR/KR and have Ginn and Kyle Williams focus on being WR's

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
Williams

I say zeigler and jones get cut or williams goes to PS and Zeigler hangs on the team.

No amount of focus will make Ginn able to catch.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Getting ahead of myself, but i wonder if he can play any offense ala Hester. You would think if you could catch a punt you can catch a pass. I mean Battle's hand's turned to sh!t when catching punts

Supposedly he was a DB in college. I rather see if he can step up at corner. We could use an improvement there. On offense we already have Crab, Morgan, Ginn, Williams, Jones, Hill, and Ziegler. 2 of those guys might get cut. We'd get better value out of him if he can play DB in the NFL.
Leroy Vann on ESPN Gameday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9j6orxD7zA

my new favorite guy. freaking rocket ship, love it