LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Leroy Vann-NCAA Career Record Holder for Return TD's Is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ginn and Vann on kick return duty, Vann on punt returns!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
f**k yeah... this guy should be our main PR/KR and have Ginn and Kyle Williams focus on being WR's

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
Williams

I say zeigler and jones get cut or williams goes to PS and Zeigler hangs on the team.

Hill is by no means a lock, he must do 1. stay healthy and 2 be consistent, to make this team.

I personally rathe rhave a vet like Jones than Hill. But I like Williams to make the team.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Jones, Williams and Vann(CB, WR and RS)

Disagree with you on Hill. He's one of our best special teams players. He's often the first guy down to the field to make a hit and he's a good receiver when given the chance. He deserves one more year.

I like Hill too, but to be honest I think he needs a change of scenery, he doesnt seem to be happy here and i dont blame him. I think he can be a successful receiver, not a 1,000 yard receiver but a good one.
love the pick up especially that we didnt have to use a draft pick to pick him up
i bet it was a easy choice for him to sign since he did grow up a huge Deion Sanders fan/49ers

good job Baalke

McClueless seems like a distant memory to me now............
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
wow can this kid fly.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

This draft just keeps on giving

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A
Originally posted by WINiner:

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A

holy crap he is an amazing PR

im officially convinced ginn and williams at KR

vann at PR

no joke we should make a serious run in the playoffs 2 of our biggest weakness has not only dissapeared but on paper can be called as strengths of this team
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A

vann at PR

no joke we should make a serious run in the playoffs 2 of our biggest weakness has not only dissapeared but on paper can be called as strengths of this team

this dude is a freak! It's been a while since we've seen this kinda speed on our team! Niners mean business this year, teams better look out
Originally posted by GoNiners:

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A

vann at PR

this dude is a freak! It's been a while since we've seen this kinda speed on our team! Niners mean business this year, teams better look out

Quote:
03/30/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: San Fancisco head coach Mike Singletary and quarterback coach Mike Johnson were both on hand at the Rattlers' pro day on March 18th. The other noteworthy player among the 14 prospects that participated was KR LeRoy Vann. Vann (5-8 3/8, 177) ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical, a 9-10 broad, a 4.26 short shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill. Those numbers are not really a true barometer, however, due to the poor field conditions. He also did 16 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Vann is a DB so....

@ WR, it should be:

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn

Jones/Hill/Williams/Z (these guys battle it out)
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Vann is a DB so....

@ WR, it should be:

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn

i'll be very interested to see how Ginn will do. We all know he's a good return man but i'll be interested to see how involved he'll get at the WR position.

Finally, we can run with either 3 or 4 WR sets, including V.Davis coming off on the line of scrimmage. Also, we can score & get great field positions on both Kick-Offs & Punts. Let's put the pieces together & reap the end results, baby...
[ Edited by Quitugua on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Vann is a DB so....

@ WR, it should be:

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn

i'll be very interested to see how Ginn will do. We all know he's a good return man but i'll be interested to see how involved he'll get at the WR position.

I'd be happy if Ginn stepped up as #2 WR so we could put Morgan in the slot.
Originally posted by teeohh:
has Zeigler ever made the team or is he just practice squad?

He has started on the PS only to be elevated when there are injuries. I hope he makes the team though. He would be a lot cheaper than Jones to keep around.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

H o l y S h i z .

W o W z A

vann at PR

Quote:
03/30/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: San Fancisco head coach Mike Singletary and quarterback coach Mike Johnson were both on hand at the Rattlers' pro day on March 18th. The other noteworthy player among the 14 prospects that participated was KR LeRoy Vann. Vann (5-8 3/8, 177) ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical, a 9-10 broad, a 4.26 short shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill. Those numbers are not really a true barometer, however, due to the poor field conditions. He also did 16 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew this was someone the Baalke-Singletary scouting trip found. How in the hell did Singletary get so up to speed on this guy???

(Sing) "I told you so".
It didn't get discussed like the OL, QB, DB, but the 9ers weren't a fast team. Now they are faster.

I want to see a fast running back as well and some plays around the ends. It was either they were too slow to do this or weren't allowed to for idealogical reasons.
Share 49ersWebzone