LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Legarrett Blount signs with 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy is a piece of trash. Don't know what the hell they were smoking when the signed this idiot. Oh well, hopefully he gets cut before the season starts.
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
This guy is a piece of trash. Don't know what the hell they were smoking when the signed this idiot. Oh well, hopefully he gets cut before the season starts.

Where you the guy he knocked out? He is a very good on his feet for his size. I guess no one deserves a second chance
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
You guys are ridiculous. Coffee makes the team over Blount, no doubt. Maybe Blount can make the practice squad. If the 9ers thought he'd be such an improvement over Coffee they'd have drafted him instead of risking not signing him as a UDFA. And honestly, Coffee is a better prospect.

Im pretty sure before the Boise incident he was projected as a 2nd rounder possibly first. Don't think Coffee was ever in the conversation of going that high
Originally posted by jrg:

Singletary - "We go out there, and we hit people in the mouth."

yeah that's a succer punch not hitting people in the mouth!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Who knows what the Boise State guy said, is a punch really that big of a deal? I mean Kevin Garnett throws an elbow at Quentin Richardson, and had a 1 game suspension. He had the same intent as Blount had. Has Blount done a whole bunch of other stuff too?
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
You guys are ridiculous. Coffee makes the team over Blount, no doubt. Maybe Blount can make the practice squad. If the 9ers thought he'd be such an improvement over Coffee they'd have drafted him instead of risking not signing him as a UDFA. And honestly, Coffee is a better prospect.

Im pretty sure before the Boise incident he was projected as a 2nd rounder possibly first. Don't think Coffee was ever in the conversation of going that high

Yeah, not really. He would of been a mid rounder.
It's a violent game, and people get heated some times. We do not know what the guy said to him, but I would suggest Blount wouldn't have that kind of outburst again if it cost him dropping from the 2nd round (as some said here) to being undrafted
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

what? i didn't want Blount signs with 49ers! no way.. i didn't like him cuz he is so an idiot and mess up with team.. pls pls cut him roster! he is not worthless it

If he does well and made the roster you might be the one hittin your self in the face...he's an idiot? calm down You dnt even know the guy..he might come after u for sayin that lol

haha.. u are funny. he will hitting you in the face too and anyones too. who never know? i didn't want him mess up with 49ers team. if he would fight with player team a 49ers? i will be disappoint it..
Originally posted by cNiner:

yeah that's a succer punch not hitting people in the mouth!

yep that is right!
The 9ers added 2 big backs and something tells me the team feels like they can use one of them as their power or "Earth" guy.

Gore I believe will be opened up this year meaning he will utilized as our LT. I see Gore getting less up the middle runs and more pitches/sweeps/screen passes. I believe getting 2 big power backs is going to be good for this team.

We got our PR/KR's and we don't need a "scat" back Gore can do it all, the 9ers need to start letting him. These power guys we just got should be our short yardage/end of game pound the D type of guys.

Originally posted by teeohh:
no surprise, Blount knows how to hit people in the mouth

yah think!
Damn! I'm excited to see what he and Dixon can do. I know one will end up on the PS. Let the battle begin!
This is who I thought we'd actually draft. We got him as a UDFA, even better!
Another guy with character issues. It seems that we are becoming a half way house with Singletary around here. I would rather have players that I can be proud of. I guess we can count on Masoli being here next year.
Nice signing. This guy was projected high in the draft before the "incident." I think that was over hyped by the media. Like Steve Young says, it's an irrational game with men acting irrationally. In the heat of the moment he punched a guy that was running his mouth. Doesn't make him a bad person... I don't think the niners have too much confidence in Coffee by drafting two bruisers in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone