There are 208 users in the forums

Will Ronnie Lott spend time with Mays?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that we have Mays, do you guys think Ronnie Lott will help him out? I know that he is still very much involved with the organization, so I hope that they will be spending some time together.
Yes he will. Ronnie Lott loves Taylor.
Someone needs to tech the guy how to cover and wrap up when he tackles, as well as taking the correct angle to get to the ball carrier. He has the physical skills, but he is a terrible cover guy. I certainly hope Ronnie takes the kid under his wing and shows him how to not embarrass himself when the ball is in the air.
He better move in and live with Lott asking questions 24/7. Soak it up like a sponge Mays, learn from Yoda and become the next Lott for the 9ers.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Now that we have Mays, do you guys think Ronnie Lott will help him out? I know that he is still very much involved with the organization, so I hope that they will be spending some time together.

Hell Yeah!!!, Ronnie Lott loves Taylor Mays, not only since they come from the same University, but they love to deliver punishing blows/hits & if I can recall he (Ronnie Lott) wanted the 49ers to draft him (Taylor Mays)...
Originally posted by Quitugua:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Hell Yeah!!!, Ronnie Lott loves Taylor Mays, not only since they come from the same University, but they love to deliver punishing blows/hits & if I can recall he (Ronnie Lott) wanted the 49ers to draft him (Taylor Mays)...

I do remember that. This guy has much potential to be great.
f**k a tatt, if Mays wants to honor Lott, he should cut off his finger.
From what I understand they were already in contact with each other and already have a relationship. I imagine it will only get stronger now that their careers are starting out so similar. I think Ronnie will help keep him motivated and remind him what to work on more than he'll give him technique tips or anything like that.
I wish Crabtree would spend time with Jerry Rice.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I wish Crabtree would spend time with Jerry Rice.

and Alex Smith with Joe Montana

The ownership will allow Lott to work with Mays if he agree to pro bono.
Mays will give you the answer to your queston in this video...
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Singletary-Introduces-Taylor-Mays/7c476ae0-8aaf-45ba-9e17-b932d84fdce0
There's an article on the 49ers website where Mays mentions he talked to Lott twice before the press conference even began.
Originally posted by teeohh:
There's an article on the 49ers website where Mays mentions he talked to Lott twice before the press conference even began.

+1
Mays couldn't have a better safety mentor. Go niners!
Share 49ersWebzone