LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

any doubts about niners identity?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
draft a 323 off tackle, a 331 lb road grader guard, a 240 lb running back and probably best blocking tight end in draft----smashmouth, run the ball footbal is on the way
That is all well and good as long as we can execute that style.
Meh, we're still going to be a balanced team, a lot of these late-round picks are clock-drainers in the 4th quarter (something we didn't have last year, specially in the Vikings/Colts games, and Sing is fixing that issue).

And don't forget, we targeted Anthony Davis because he was the best 'blind-side' pass-protecting tackle in the entire draft (even though we're putting him at RT). -If we were pure smash-mouth we would have settled with Bryan Bulaga at #13.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM ]
I see nothing wrong with running the ball IF it is effective. Maybe now we can close out teams in the 4th, instead of having to pray for the other team to f**k up this year.
Originally posted by znk916:

No doubt!
Originally posted by hofer36:
draft a 323 off tackle, a 331 lb road grader guard, a 240 lb running back and probably best blocking tight end in draft----smashmouth, run the ball footbal is on the way

everyone thinks we are just ganna run the ball... we are going to play physical and Alex will get the chance to get the ball down the field for big plays.... Play Action
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Fysical
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/ten-points-abou.html

Quote:
4. Baalke helped explain some of the team's moves as far as who will be playing which positions. For example, he said that Ted Ginn would line up at "X" receiver while sixth-rounder Kyle Williams would line up at slot. Baalke said that Williams was a shiftier player while Ginn was a blazer, a guy who can "lift the lid off the defense." Michael Crabtree is the starter at X, but the idea is to move him around the field at different positions so that the defense can't zero in on him. That seems to signal that Ginn would be brought in occasionally to give defenses a different look. Williams will battle veteran Jason Hill for playing time in the slot.

Wow, we're gonna be using Ginn (X) + Williams slot situations with Crabs playing other matchups. This tells me we're gonna be playing more 'balanced' as I had assumed (and as Sing has been telling everybody), as opposed to those TE-packages we had last season (for I don't think I ever saw us use a pure 3/4-wr set once).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/ten-points-abou.html

Quote:
4. Baalke helped explain some of the team's moves as far as who will be playing which positions. For example, he said that Ted Ginn would line up at "X" receiver while sixth-rounder Kyle Williams would line up at slot. Baalke said that Williams was a shiftier player while Ginn was a blazer, a guy who can "lift the lid off the defense." Michael Crabtree is the starter at X, but the idea is to move him around the field at different positions so that the defense can't zero in on him. That seems to signal that Ginn would be brought in occasionally to give defenses a different look. Williams will battle veteran Jason Hill for playing time in the slot.

Wow, we're gonna be using Ginn (X) + Williams slot situations with Crabs playing other matchups. This tells me we're gonna be playing more 'balanced' as I had assumed (and as Sing has been telling everybody), as opposed to those TE-packages we had last season (for I don't think I ever saw us use a pure 3/4-wr set once).

Don't forget about Morgan

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Quote:

Don't forget about Morgan

Morgan starts at Z, but Baalke said we will be moving Crabtree around depending on formation to keep defenses from keying on him. In some cases Crabtree will slide over to the Z and Ginn will play the X. He envisions Williams as a slot guy because, while Ginn has elite speed, Williams is shifty. Of course Williams can play slot with Crabtree at X and Morgan at Z as well. He seems to have a good idea of where these guys fit. I hope the coaching staff doesn't fall too much in love will all the new beef they just drafted and makes the offense less predictable.

The Hill/Williams battle in TC will be an interesting one. I wouldn't be surprised if the loser of that one gets cut.

1.Crabtree
2.Morgan
3.Ginn
4.Williams or Hill
5.Jones or Zeigler

(point 4 here http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/ten-points-abou.html)
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by hofer36:

everyone thinks we are just ganna run the ball... we are going to play physical and Alex will get the chance to get the ball down the field for big plays.... Play Action

Sing's said all along that he wants us to be able to do whatever needs to be done. Either running the ball or airing it out and he wants to dominate doing either. This TC and preseason is going to be hella interesting.
Smash Mouth Football with a pinch of an Aerial (Passing) Attack, and a dash of a Special Teams Ambush Attack.
What Singletary wants to do is; run when they want to, and pass when they want to. In fact that is what he said. All this power up front doesn't mean we will run all the time. We have good WR's & TE's to do what we want, and Gore to run wild. This is going to be a very powerful and balanced team this year.
Share 49ersWebzone