LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

(For old-school 49er fans) : Taylor Mays will remind us more of....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

(For old-school 49er fans) : Taylor Mays will remind us more of....

Originally posted by NJNiner:
The second coming of Marquez Pope.

PLEASE, NO!!!!
Dave Waymer ...? I don't think we have had one like him. Like Lott but bigger?
Originally posted by JDog:
I think he will be great if used to his talents.

Check out this link it is a very good read on Taylor Mays

Taylor Mays secret to success

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/3/26/1391755/the-taylor-mays-problem

Great post man. A lot of people don't understand that sometimes player are good just because the type of offense/defense they are in. Lets hope Mays falls into place and become a terror in the secondary for years to come.
I would caution anyone comparing him to Lott that they are in for a big disappointment. If he were anywhere near that good he would have been long gone before the 49th pick. He is a project that cannot cover, takes poor angles and misses tackles by always looking to make the big hit. All of these problems can be coached away, but it might take a couple of years. The only thing that he has in common with Lott is where they went to college. Eric Berry was the only Lott type safety in this years draft.
Sean Taylor

I wasn't to thrilled with the idea of the niners picking him even though I had a feeling they would. I heard alot of bad things about his coverage skills but after watching a highlight reel of him, I change my mind. He will replace lewis, This year. Mark my words. He makes recievers earn that catch, if they're able to keep hold on to the ball after meeting that frieght train. That's how Sean Taylor use to hit people. The only difference between Sean Taylor and Taylor Mays is Sean Taylor would give up his whole body to make the hit. Dashon Goldson and Taylor Mays will become the best Safety Tandem in the NFL.
Mark roman
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Mark roman

Share 49ersWebzone