LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Grade Trent Baalke's performance so far. Also a Trent Baalke appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Trent Baalke's performance so far. Also a Trent Baalke appreciation thread

I think Trent Baalke has done an outstanding job SO FAR as our fill in GM and personnel decision maker. He seems a lot more confident and ready to win now when compared to Scotty McCloughan. Considering Baalke only had a couple of weeks to prepare for his first NFL draft, he has made some gutsy moves to help the team and organization. He traded a 5th round pick to fill our kick returner need in Ted Ginn Jr. and has also made some great draft picks so far IMO. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I think he's doing a great job and should be shown some appreciation. Thank you Trent!

I give you an A!
[ Edited by bigmike55 on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:51 PM ]
Hard to grade Baalke's performance because I think it's been more Singletary's effort so far. Sounds like Baalke was waiting with open arms for Clausen at pick #49. When Jimmy was taken at pick #48, Baalke reverted back to Sing's player which ended up being Mays. Whether it's good or bad, seems like Iron Mike has made most of the calls so far. Grade for Baalke = incomplete
Hey mods, this garbage with the bloody pigs is really tacky and doesn't belong here.

Regardless of what Ahab thinks of Trent Baalke, what he posted is inappropriate.

BTW, anyone who thinks Baalke is as horrible as Ahab does probably doesn't know a whole lot about football... isn't very bright, if you know what I mean.

Thank you.
Rookie of the month award goes too......................You Trent. You killed it but most importantly you didnt blow it
B- good players but didnt like giving up our 4th rounder for davis who would have been there at 13 and probably at 17.

I guess were no longer a BPA team anymore.
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
B- good players but didnt like giving up our 4th rounder for davis who would have been there at 13 and probably at 17.

would he have been there, I heard the cowboys were thinking of moving up.
Baalke did exactly what he said he was going to do by going after the players they wanted. I did not like it at 1st but he traded up to get the guy he coveted in Davis. It will probably cost them a chance at getting a CB like AOA or Cox, but considering that the next 2 picks in the 1st were traded, it makes sense.

Iupati was a need and arguably BAP, unless you can ignore Bryant's off the field issues.

Mays is either a love him or hate him pick. I am in the 1st group and think he needs some technique work that he was not offered at USC. He doesn't have 1st round talent, he has all world talent but seems misguided and immature.

The Ginn trade was great.

I think he will make a fine GM and work well with Singletary.
baalke is doing a great job addressing our needs. trading a 4th rounder for a franchise OT is not a big deal. addressed oline problems, got a legit SS to wreak havoc with Goldson in the backfield and solved our return man problem all in one draft. dont know much about navarro but hes from penn state and they produce stud LB's every year. baalke should be here to stay
great FA pick up.

great first day

not so impressed with the 2nd day. Either should have moved up and taken Allen, or moved back and gotten someone else...not happy with the Mays pick...hope he learns to cover and tackle.

bowman looks like a mini willis as opposed to a TED. I hope he can be converted.

• evil
  • Veteran
So Baalke gets all the credit ? Who helped shaped the draft board in itself ?
Originally posted by KALI-KING:

thats what i heard too i like the agressivness always better to be safe than sorry

also hawaii49ers us as fans no nothing so we cant assume that us fans thought bulaga was a surefire top 10 pick but he dropped to 24 same thing with claussen except all the way to 48

i give them an A and i think the trade was the right thing to do
Make's me want to say Scot Who???
HE gets a B.

Would have been an A, if he would have picked up a corner.

They must have a lot of faith in tarell brown, and karl paymah......
Originally posted by KALI-KING:

Lots of teams were moving up for Davis, Denver was getting offers left and right (and were determined to trade out of that spot) but we had the sweetest offer, a 4th + 2 slots back.

And even if there weren't teams trading up Miami would have taken Davis on the spot (notice how they immediately traded out to SD nearly a minute after Miami took wind of that).

Trent took the initiative and I give him even more high fives for it!
Share 49ersWebzone