LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Taylor Mays bashes Pete Carrol

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't call it bashing, all he did was ask for honesty, what's wrong with that. That's his former coach, I think he has a right to feel that way.

Pete does whats best for Pete. He's all about Pete. If you don't understand this by now its a little late in the game.

Yup. He may be an ex 9er but I don't like him. Did ANYONE see the interview during the end of the 3rd round? He's all like "yeah it tears you up inside to see your guys drop and you feel for them"... what stopped YOU from taking him in the 1st, Pete, you two faced PoS.

Good I like our players to be fired up for Division games.

~Ceadder

Why don't you like him - he's a great coach? All coaches say that bullsh*t. He's no different from any other. He's part of our tradition and a true SFranciscan.

Pete Carroll can suck on Taylor Mays nuts
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I wouldn't call it bashing, all he did was ask for honesty, what's wrong with that. That's his former coach, I think he has a right to feel that way.

Pete does whats best for Pete. He's all about Pete. If you don't understand this by now its a little late in the game.

Yup. He may be an ex 9er but I don't like him. Did ANYONE see the interview during the end of the 3rd round? He's all like "yeah it tears you up inside to see your guys drop and you feel for them"... what stopped YOU from taking him in the 1st, Pete, you two faced PoS.

~Ceadder

Why don't you like him - he's a great coach? All coaches say that bullsh*t. He's no different from any other. He's part of our tradition and a true SFranciscan.

As soon as you are finished.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

~Ceadder

As soon as you are finished.
whatever motivates him to get better
It has ALOT to do with Carrolls advice to stay in school and then take a Safety in the first round with TWO years of eligability remaining...lol

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Four-years-not-enough-to-endear-Mays-game-to-M?urn=ncaaf,236320

Also....on why he dilivered the big hits and didn't make big plays.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Taylor-Mays-says-taste-for-the-knockout-was-just?urn=ncaaf,220838

I dunno if its true, but if both of these are Correct, I'd be pissed at Pete Carroll too....lol
good read on the 1st article
Damn I forgot about what he did to Sanchez. Can't wait til we kick his ass week 1!
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
good read on the 1st article

I would be pissed, too. He lost a lot of money waiting that extra year and then his old buddy pulls a hypocritical move like that...

Look for Mays to lay the hurt something fierce when he's on the field week 1.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Mays will aim for the chin on the sideline ...
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Javid Best made a career at Cal outrunning guys to the corner and then beating them upfield. He was the California HS 100 meter state champ his Sr. year in HS. Dude is very, very fast.

In the last SC vs. Cal game, Taylor Mays ran Best down, from behind, and caught him before he could turn the corner. Mays is faster, and bigger, than Best. Unbelievable speed.

I remember that play and Mays grabbed him and slammed Best down!!

SC fan here. I loved Mays at SC and wondered why the heck would he come back . . . now I know. I love "big balls" Pete but this story and the story about Sanchez (last year) makes me question Carroll.

I hope Mays can channel his anger/energy in improving his "ballhawking" skills and learning to take better angles and tackling better. We play the seagulls twice next year and hopefully Mays can have the last laugh

Poor kid..somehow i think he may have landed in one of the best Ds to right Carrols wrongs. I really think he has a space in our squad that will highlight his skills. Hey we did fine with Roman so we have nothing to worry bout. Sounds like USC's entire squad declined but Mays (being the marque name) took much of the blame. Sounds like he has some pretty legitamate reasons to be peeved at Carroll. I smell a rivalry brewing!!!
I know a lot of people don't like that he ripped Carroll, atleast nationally. But I'm GLAD we have a player that's willing to speak his mind and now has something against one of our division rivals. Especially considering he's capable of destroying all of their offensive players!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I know a lot of people don't like that he ripped Carroll, atleast nationally. But I'm GLAD we have a player that's willing to speak his mind and now has something against one of our division rivals. Especially considering he's capable of destroying all of their offensive players!

Charlie Whitehurts
Good, f**k Pete Carrol. That a*****e coaches the rival seahawks. I'm glad we have a player who dislikes him.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Charlie Whitehurts

TJ Cryingfohismama
Share 49ersWebzone