LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Will both Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati start week 1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will both Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati start week 1?

• Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Moved this here to Niner Talk for you.
Baas will get hurt again like clockwork Iupati takes over and that will be the end of Bass's career in SF
I don't think Davis will start the season, but I see him starting the final 6-8 games. Iupati has enough power to pick up dumptrucks, but he seems too slow, so I'm not completely sold he'll start.
If they both start from week 1 then Solari and Brown should be given some kinda award.

Arizona just took D. Williams, NT. Should be some great matchups between he and Iupati over the next dozen years or so.
If they are not good enough to start, why pick them in the first round? They better show something. We need help on the OL, but they aren't exciting picks. They are not going to sell tickets. Hopefully they can keep the people who do upright.
yes, easily

our line was worst in the league
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
If they are not good enough to start, why pick them in the first round? They better show something. We need help on the OL, but they aren't exciting picks. They are not going to sell tickets. Hopefully they can keep the people who do upright.

Totally disagree. Davis has more potential than any other OT in the draft. Potential Singletary as motivator and Solari as teacher should bring out. Iupati is a masher!! Frankie should be sizing him up for a rolex already!
We won't have a choice, do you seriously think we're gonna start Adam Synder this season? -Solari will have these guys ready for war around pre-season.

Trent Baalke worded it himself yesterday, both his first round picks are going to be day-one starters.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM ]

i definitely see both starting
Yeah I gotta agree both will start from day one. I don't think Iupati is too slow. He is a mauler with a nasty streak which is what this o-line needs. No more choir boys on the o-line.
I never thought that they would actually do this! A top OT and Iupati, they both should start. They will have a good teacher and a solid motivator, wow, 2 probable OL starters in one draft! I am excited (and no, I am not Alex Smith :)
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
yes, easily

our line was worst in the league

Worst than Green Bays??? I dont think so....
our line sucked, these guys are both highly regarded, they will start.
Share 49ersWebzone