LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

2010 49er Draft Class - DON'T CROWN THEM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
KWAME HARRIS was a first rounder!

Iupati is a big time holder, I can't wait to see fans turn on him, like they did Kwame!

Kwame was also picked at #26. Just sayin.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
49ers Webzone...

I come to you today, asking for patience.

This is former Fresno State tight end Bear Pascoe. Pascoe was a 6th round pick for the San Francisco 49ers in 2009. He was drafted to be a blocking tight end for the 49ers, replacing Billy Bajema, who was cut from the team during the 2009 offseason.

Now, as some of you may recall, some Niner fans on this board quickly bought into the notion that Bear Pascoe could potentially surpass Vernon Davis on the depth chart by the end of the 2009 season. This was mostly based on training camp reports where Matt Maiocco reported Pascoe catching passes in drills and in 11-on-11 walkthroughs. Why this led to some believing that a 6th-round blocking tight end from Fresno State could surpass the 6th overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft is unknown.

My Webzone brethren, all I am asking of you these next few months is patience. Don't crown the members of our 2010 draft class before we know what we have. Otherwise you could look silly, like those who crowned Pascoe before he was cut from the team last August... before he could even suit up for the regular season (or even make the practice squad).

You know who you are. Please be patient.

Go Niners.

(This post also goes for those Webzone members who predicted 4th-round center Cody Wallace would surpass incumbent Eric Heitmen during Wallace's rookie year in 2008)

Back to the post... I agree with this 100%. Patience is the key my friends.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i can swear someone said they got a Bear Pascoe jersey last year.

it was bear pascoe
i'm just excited about this draft and i think it will pay off for us in A YEAR OR TWO but i'm extremely pleased with this draft
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
KWAME HARRIS was a first rounder!

Iupati is a big time holder, I can't wait to see fans turn on him, like they did Kwame!

You f**king kidding me? Even with that being so, Kwame (going back to even his college years) was a f**king wuss compared to Iupati's rugged/aggressive on-field personality.

So at least when Iupati holds the opposing defensive player they'll be shoved 3 feet in front of the line of scrimmage INSTEAD OF THE GUARD BEING SHOVED 3 FEET BACK INTO THE QB!
Let's hope they all can stay healthy during OTA's and Training Camp, have a good preseason leading to a good regular season. Do you all see any difficulty getting ALL of our picks signed on time?
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Let's hope they all can stay healthy during OTA's and Training Camp, have a good preseason leading to a good regular season. Do you all see any difficulty getting ALL of our picks signed on time?

olinemen should be easier to sign especially when theyre not drafted top 5
Please don't crown our undrafted free agents either...
Please don't crown our undrafted free agents either...

I agree that we shouldn't put too much hope on them.

However this is the first time I have felt pretty confident about the potential of a group of UDFAs. We have a lot of people on the roster who can KR and at least one should hopefully grade out, while looking at sites top UDFAs we have a fair few of them. I believe in picking up a lot of UDFAs and testing them out, as you never know who might slip through the cracks.

My favourite pickup is Blount, who I think will make the roster. Blount fell because of the punch and (if i remember rightly) was graded higher (I think a late 2nd) than Coffee was, in a deeper draft.
BUMP! (Because people are already crowning Dixon)

I can't crown Nate Davis as the Greatest Quarterback of All-Time?????? Shame, shame, shame.
BUMP! (Because people are already crowning Dixon)

Dude he's better than Frank and you know it

I just how Bowman was worth trading back for.
  • flow
  • Veteran
49ers Webzone...

This is former Fresno State tight end Bear Pascoe. Pascoe was a 6th round pick for the San Francisco 49ers in 2009. He was drafted to be a blocking tight end for the 49ers, replacing Billy Bajema, who was cut from the team during the 2009 offseason.

Now, as some of you may recall, some Niner fans on this board quickly bought into the notion that Bear Pascoe could potentially surpass Vernon Davis on the depth chart by the end of the 2009 season. This was mostly based on training camp reports where Matt Maiocco reported Pascoe catching passes in drills and in 11-on-11 walkthroughs. Why this led to some believing that a 6th-round blocking tight end from Fresno State could surpass the 6th overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft is unknown.

My Webzone brethren, all I am asking of you these next few months is patience. Don't crown the members of our 2010 draft class before we know what we have. Otherwise you could look silly, like those who crowned Pascoe before he was cut from the team last August... before he could even suit up for the regular season (or even make the practice squad).

Go Niners.

(This post also goes for those Webzone members who predicted 4th-round center Cody Wallace would surpass incumbent Eric Heitmen during Wallace's rookie year in 2008)

** UPDATE ** - Thread has been bumped because Zoners are already crowning 6th-round running back Anthony Dixon... and to no surprise, some want to turn him into a full back. It never ends.

lol comparing bear pascoe to Anthony Dixon.... DIxon fell because of character issues... bear just sucked it up in camp...
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
49ers Webzone...

Go Niners.

** UPDATE ** - Thread has been bumped because Zoners are already crowning 6th-round running back Anthony Dixon... and to no surprise, some want to turn him into a full back. It never ends.

lol comparing bear pascoe to Anthony Dixon.... DIxon fell because of character issues... bear just sucked it up in camp...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa autotype. Where did I compare anyone? Zoners are just crowning Dixon already. It's too early to crown anyone before they take a regular season snap.
Share 49ersWebzone